Will I go wrong?: Headphile cables
Jun 12, 2004 at 9:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

lojay

1000+ Head-Fier
Will I go wrong if I buy headphile blackcoral silver, or gold as my interconnects for my E-MU 1212m?

I'll buy them as short (in length) as possible.
Audioquest, Tara labs, Oehlbach and Cardas are easily found in Hong Kong though. I don't have an amp yet. Do all amps have 2 1/4" unbalanced inputs? (like the lineout of the E-MU)?

Jun 12, 2004 at 6:44 PM Post #4 of 20
I'll know soon. I'm having Larry recable a couple of pairs of headphones.

For now, all I can say is that Larry is a great guy and a champion on customer service. immtbiker has had good experiences with Heaphile calbes, so you might want to check with him also.

Jun 12, 2004 at 7:08 PM Post #6 of 20
I'm very happy with my Headphile CPU Silver cable (I got the E-MU option, so it has 2 1/4" to 2 RCA).

Jun 12, 2004 at 9:03 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
I'll know soon. I'm having Larry recable a couple of pairs of headphones.

For now, all I can say is that Larry is a great guy and a champion on customer service. immtbiker has had good experiences with Heaphile calbes, so you might want to check with him also.

When are you getting the new recabled baby R10s?

Jun 12, 2004 at 10:42 PM Post #9 of 20
just putting in my thumbs up for headphile cables
cool.gif

Jun 13, 2004 at 12:54 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by lojay
Will I go wrong if I buy headphile blackcoral silver, or gold as my interconnects for my E-MU 1212m?

No, you will NOT go wrong using Headphile IC's. I've been using Headphile CPU Silver AND Copper IC's in my rig(s) since January of this year and am nothing but HAPPY with the sonic results. And the customer service that Larry GIVES his customers goes WAY beyond the service that I've PAID for with other vendors. You definitely won't go wrong dealing with Headphile for your IC needs. I'm sure that you will, like me, be very happy with the product quality, customer service and value with Headphile.

Jun 13, 2004 at 1:03 AM Post #11 of 20
Larry offers good products for a very good price and has great support. You can't go wrong buying anything he offers. From my experience most amps do not have unbalanced 1/4" inputs most usually have rca inputs.

Jun 13, 2004 at 2:54 AM Post #12 of 20
Yeah, the customer support is awesome, almost immediate quality email replies! I'm going to buy the blacksilver yeah, but I'm thinking of what amp to buy. And another thing, I'd really need to use the E-MU for a long time, since the IC's are specially made for the E-MU's, I wonder if they'll be in use for any other component
eek.gif

Jun 13, 2004 at 5:02 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by kartik
When are you getting the new recabled baby R10s?

The CD3000's with purple heart R10-shaped cups and Headphile cable will be done early this coming week and will at the California meet next Saturday. I'm hoping to get at least 48 hours of burn in on them before the meet.

Jun 13, 2004 at 5:10 AM Post #14 of 20
Wmcmanus,
With your gear you really should try the XRS cables. Even if just for the sake of the 14 day trial. I know immtbiker didn't like 'em but they are really very interesting to listen to. Very forward indeed.

Jun 13, 2004 at 6:09 AM Post #15 of 20
Larry,

I talked to Larry today and I echo many others here that he is a good guy and should be very nice to deal with. In the future, I plan to get the quilted maple.

According to Larry, quilted maple and mahogany(?) earcups sound similar. Larry priced his product according to labor intensive not sound quality (earcups only).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back