will cambridge DacMagic drive Grado sr325?
Mar 5, 2012 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

closser

New Head-Fier
So I'm very green to nice sound equipment but was lucky enough to have been given a pair of Grado sr325 that a friend no longer uses.  I'm looking into a dac/amp since most of my music is digital and at the moment, my computer isn't connected to my studio monitors (yamaha hs80m + sub) which are providing the sound for my electric piano. 

I'm looking for something that will also have optical in so I can include the apple tv and gaming system into the mix.  After a bit of poking around I came across the Cambridge DacMagic.  I then noticed that the plus model has a headphone amplifier, and I'm trying to decide if the plus model is worth the extra $$$ for me at this point in time.

So finally getting to my point, will the DacMagic Plus be a suitable partner for my sr325?  I've noticed from my limited time here on HeadFi that I need to pay attention to compatibility, but I wouldn't know where to start!  So far I've only been able to listen to my Grados plugged directly into my iPod, so I'm itching to see what they sound like with adequate amplification.  Thanks everyone!  :)

Jun 9, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #2 of 3
good question.  i'm wondering the same thing about a dacmagic+ and grado ms 2is.

Jun 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #3 of 3
Grados are easy to drive, but take on the amps signature from what I have read. So the driving is not the problem, but whether its any good or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Back