Will Audiophilleo work for me?
Jan 13, 2014 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

shinystuffbuyer

Head-Fier
Will Audiophilleo1 (with or without pure power) result in any noticeable difference to my current set up?

MacBookPro => Burson HA 160D DAC => Rega Brio R Amp => PSB Imagine mini speakers.

I live in India and I do not have a way to audition the device before buying it. However, the power is certainly "dirty" in our part of the world.

Jan 13, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #2 of 5
  Will Audiophilleo1 (with or without pure power) result in any noticeable difference to my current set up?

MacBookPro => Burson HA 160D DAC => Rega Brio R Amp => PSB Imagine mini speakers.

I live in India and I do not have a way to audition the device before buying it. However, the power is certainly "dirty" in our part of the world.

You might benefit from running your setup off a double-conversion UPS with true sine wave output if your power is truly terrible.

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #3 of 5

I have an Audiophilleo2 with PurePower. These devices dramatically improved the performance of my NAD M51. I compared the regular AP2 to AP2 + PP. Clear win for the PurePower option. Specially if your current is bad but you should listen with the battery of your laptop.

Mar 7, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #5 of 5
I can highly Recomend it too. But get the AP1/PP. the combo is worth every dime . I use It with all my dacs , except for the MSB . And you can do dsd too if you put the dsd file in PCM 176 file. Anyway they are well worth it.

Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back