widows play control equalization... what setting is true neutral?
Dec 22, 2006 at 2:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

basmatirice

100+ Head-Fier
i just got my etymotic er6i's. i was wondering where the bass went when i got them. i had a good seal and everything. i discovered that a lot of the bass and high went away because i had set the treble and bass at their mid points.

the bass seems lacking at times... sometimes it is close to just right. when i turn the bass and highs up the bass and highs go WAY up... boom bass sorta up..

but i'm not sure that setting the bass and treble on the mid section is trully acurate either.

do any of you have a clue as to what is the most accurate setting?

also... these er6i's are currently destroying my ex $300 grados and my ultrasone dj-1's....

the sound is so tight and.... just wonderfull

without boosting the bass though.. some of the bass drums just sound plain weird. particularly the big frame mounted orchestral type.

also... i think the er6i do require some burn in... the bass is already improving on its own. i've had them playing for about and hour.

Dec 22, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #2 of 4
halfway up, huh? I don't know. I've always wondered this myself. Mine (I think all are the same) has 6 notches, with 0 being all the way to the left and 6 being all the way to the right. With this rating system, my bass is on 2 and my treble is on 1.

Dec 22, 2006 at 3:43 AM Post #3 of 4
why do people claim they need 100% "neutral" sound? seriously, it's like the biggest cop out for headphone sound ever. i don't like 100% neutral sound at all, and i'd bet that 99% of you don't either. you like certain things emphasized and certain things kept in check, but you like to call yourselves "audiophiles" and surround yourselves with $10,000 worth of equipment and think that makes you an "audiophile." bollocks.

have fun with your "neutral" headphones!

edit: sorry. i was a bit pissed off at someone in particular and drunk when i posted that. my apologies.

Dec 22, 2006 at 4:13 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by frescagod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why do people claim they need 100% "neutral" sound? seriously, it's like the biggest cop out for headphone sound ever. i don't like 100% neutral sound at all, and i'd bet that 99% of you don't either. you like certain things emphasized and certain things kept in check, but you like to call yourselves "audiophiles" and surround yourselves with $10,000 worth of equipment and think that makes you an "audiophile." bollocks.

have fun with your "neutral" headphones!

...what a whiner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back