Why Would You Divorce Your Wife?
Aug 3, 2002 at 3:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
There have been a lot of jokes about your wife divorcing you if you bought any more Hi-fi equipment. So, why would you dump her?
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 3, 2002 at 4:01 AM Post #2 of 22
I am not married. I mean, I wouldn't get married unless it was to a very, very special woman. She would have to say cool stuff like "oh baby, the way you collect headphones really turns me on" and "baby, I got you these R10's just to say I love you", you know stuff like that....

I will be single forever
frown.gif
wink.gif

Aug 3, 2002 at 11:23 AM Post #3 of 22
Lets say I took this seriously
smily_headphones1.gif

First the woman I marry is going to be someone I know for a long time. Second I'm kind of against divorce so if she wants one then so be it.

I have infinite patience so I am willing to work towards marriage. Though there is a limit ... my limit is constant nagging. Ooops ...
very_evil_smiley.gif
and no sex
very_evil_smiley.gif
oops I wasn't serious at all
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 3, 2002 at 6:08 PM Post #4 of 22
The #1 cause of divorce is marriage.
Prevention is key.

Aug 3, 2002 at 6:40 PM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
The #1 cause of divorce is marriage.
Prevention is key.

smily_headphones1.gif
Well yeah, that's true, that and mismatches, such as mistakenly marrying something like a 4 legged critter when you were better off staying within your own species. People change and grow.

I think it's a hard question because if you said something like "falling out of love" or infidelity, you could probably just as easily point to a very long history of marriages where both parties were not in love but found the marriage a perfectly valid option, and a very well documented history of marriages where people actually were in love and were utterly miserable.

Perhaps the weirdest marriages are the best, those and the ones where the beloved does not inquire too carefully into the cost of one's gear or technology.

Aug 4, 2002 at 1:09 AM Post #7 of 22
that's kinda harsh man....heeh

well, jokingly.....I would probably say never: cause I"m like most ppl and are a sucker for true love.

Seriously though........if it's inevitable. If there's no other way. Then, what's going to happen is going to happen.

Aug 4, 2002 at 1:23 AM Post #8 of 22
I don't believe in divorce...so nothing would be my answer. 'Course...I am not against planning an intricate murder scheme which would appear like an accident so that I might collect massive amounts of life insurance which would fund my high-fi obsession....a couple O's, some Linn's....so much better econimically than divorce...it takes your money....meh...divorce....surely not the road to go down...

Shoot...did I say all that?
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 4, 2002 at 1:58 AM Post #9 of 22
HI: Till death do us part and for no other reason. Remember the voles. Man says its ok but GOD says its not.

Aug 4, 2002 at 5:28 AM Post #11 of 22
I don't think divorce is wrong if you find out things about your partner that you didn't expect, such as: they are abusive, masochistic, making your life miserable, or they like bose headphones.

Since people marry all the time before they know the other person or themselves that well (i'm 21, all my friends are getting married like it's going out of style, I think they're all crazy) I would rather see them do what makes them happy (ie get out of the bad marriage) before it's 15 years later and they're miserable and their kids are depressed and the family does not function.

Clearly it's best for everyone to keep a family together, but there are plenty of things one member of a marriage could do to justify the other in seeking a divorce.

Me? I plan on marrying carefully and staying married forever, but not everyone can handle that.

Aug 7, 2002 at 4:41 AM Post #12 of 22
Been married over ten years and don't really believe in divorce, but I think cheating, loss of trust, or someone that constantly inhibits your enjoyment of life would have to be valid reasons.

Aug 7, 2002 at 1:00 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by a1leyez0nm3
Matthew 19:6 Therefore they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.

So in other words, only women should be able to grant divorces?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back