Why there is no IEM for so long now after sennheiser IE8?
May 28, 2011 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

vaqar

New Head-Fier
I own an IE8 and am so addicted to it. I was just wondering why didnt sennheiser work on a new model of IEM after the IE8 unlike all other headphone companies??? Is it so successful that they dint feel like making a new one? or do they think they have created an IEM which will compete upcoming earphones from other companies for a very long time. any reasons or facts??? Dont u think a new flagship IEM is nessecary from sennheiser or IE8 will do for years to come?

May 28, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #2 of 12
No idea, But you can swap tips around on the IE8 and change the sound sig 
L3000.gif

May 28, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #4 of 12
There is an IE9 coming sometimes supposedly late 2011. It was debuted in CES this year earlier.

Quote:
Fair at the next CES (technology fair held every year in January, in this 2011, from 6 to 9)
somehow, there has been certain filtration products they will present some of the firms who will attend to it, including Sennheiser.

As far as we could be interesting, it has confirmed the presence of a new in-ear high-end brand, the Sennheiser IE9

Apparently, these are the features:

Frequency response: 10 to 24000 Hz
Impedance: 16 Ohms
Sensitivity: 127 db
Attenuation: 26 db (95%)
Connector: 3.5 mm
System: dynamic dual driver

This, unfortunately, has not transcended is not the time to market (although it notes next) or the price they have on the market, even if it is known that Sennheiser, in an excellent twist to its business strategy to the rest of its competitors, has made a product which, according to the kindness expressed by its developers, will offer improved an estimated 15% increase in quality of sound referring to his fellow IE8, with a profile only eased a little in low frequency of recent and extremely aggressive pricing policy that might cheapen the product by 40% over the previous model.

It also seems to be more comfortable, smaller than IE8, and a detail, always appreciated, is that some of the caps that, among some others, completing the pack will come standard with the headphones, set of three pairs , will be a model "owner" Sennheiser practically equal to the famous "olive" Shure something more comfortable and ergonomic than those.

original link:
http://www.reproductormp3.net/novedadesnuevos-modelos/los-nuevos-sennheiser-ie9-a-punto-de-romper-olas/

May 28, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #5 of 12
Damn, 16 Ohms again. I usually dislike 16 Ohm headphones. They pick up too much hiss from sources and are too hard to drive properly. They also get dangerously loud. I think 40-50 Ohms is the perfect impedance for portable headphones - still plenty of volume, much easier to drive and little to no hiss. At to that the sensitivity of 127 db. These will hiss like crazy.

May 28, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #6 of 12
May 28, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #7 of 12
Hmmm... pity if it is, I am a huge fan of the IE8 and would also personally love the possibility of an IE9

May 29, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #8 of 12
Sennheiser is pretty good about not rushing out new products "just because." Consider how long they've kept the HD-600 around. Sennheiser could make a few styling mods and release "upgraded" models every year just to rake in the cash, but they don't.

Something that sounds good today will sound good tomorrow. Endless "upgrades" only weaken a brand. I have a lot of respect for Sennheiser, since they only change models (at least in the high end) when they have an actual improvement.

May 29, 2011 at 6:58 AM Post #9 of 12
Dual Dynamic drivers wao the idea sounds full sized speakerish :) if thats true then i guess lot of people complaining about the IE8 not being able to deliver studio Quality Crisp and clear highs will vanish it seems. But still in my opinion the highs are quite satisfying though i dont feel a need. But its seems the best thing making IE8 still going strong is its solid bass and its widest sound stage. some say it still competes with the customs when its comes to sound stage. Which in some way makes IE8 in the top three best IEM's out there one way or the other. :)

May 29, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #10 of 12
TF10 has been in the market for 5 years, SE530 for over 5 years and just upgraded a little to SE535 last year. IE8 @ 3 years is still young.

May 29, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #12 of 12

Quote:
I would ask the same question but regarding the HD25, top of the line portable fromm senn since 40 years ago?

It's gone through a few revisions since then though, it's definitely not the same product it was when it was first released even if it looks the same on the outside.  In fact it makes sense to keep the same outward appearance since it means anybody with any model can simply order replacement parts at any point in time and it will work with their HD25 no matter how old or new it is, especially considering that it's supposed to be a professionally used product, not so much for consumer use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back