Why the Beats Hate?
Mar 31, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #766 of 2,037
Don't care for Beats, as another user described them, dark, closest anology would be a dusty dark crawl space.

And those who say they are decent/good, don't really trust their judgment, including Tyll, I know what he thinks are good aren't necessarily what I think are good.

Mar 31, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #767 of 2,037
Beats aren't bad. Only balanced elitists find them really annoying. They're just overpriced is all, other than that they fit in the basshead category almost perfectly.

Mar 31, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #768 of 2,037
I found the Mixr to be a completely different breed of Beats. It has a brighter sound that is overall very energetic. Dark is not how those sound. The others? Yeah I agree with calling them dark. They have been getting better with newer revisions. Still not up to par with the price tag though.

Mar 31, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #769 of 2,037
There's primarily 2 camps of Beats haters:

1. Audio purists who don't grasp who the headphone is selling to.

2. People who hate on fashionable/popular trends.

Beats don't suck. Their price is incredibly overblown, sure. But people will pay that if they want to. 

If people want big bass, they'll buy a headphone that suits their need. If they want clarity, they'll buy something else. 

Don't assume that all people want completely neutral, transparent, airy sound. 

Mar 31, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #770 of 2,037
Being an elitist is fun though. I love looking down on the simple plebs. Especially the ones who listen to Spotify and YouTube rips.

Mar 31, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #771 of 2,037
I love watching the tenuous tight rope that elitests walk. So much of their pride, ego, and self worth is based on what they own and what class of a person they believe themselves to be. It's satisfying seeing their whole world fall from out beneath them when they are shown up by people who are more elite. It's even more awesome when they are shown up by people and things they believe are completely inferior to themselves or their pride pieces.

It always reminds me of that scene in American Psycho where the main character almost has a mental break down when a co worker has better business cards. Life is intense when you put so much of your value on insignificant things. Hahaha

Mar 31, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #773 of 2,037
Being an elitist is fun though. I love looking down on the simple plebs. Especially the ones who listen to Spotify and YouTube rips.

What's wrong with Spotify ???

Mar 31, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #774 of 2,037

Shhhh... Have some
popcorn.gif
 and enjoy the show.

Mar 31, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #775 of 2,037
I love watching the tenuous tight rope that elitests walk. So much of their pride, ego, and self worth is based on what they own and what class of a person they believe themselves to be. It's satisfying seeing their whole world fall from out beneath them when they are shown up by people who are more elite. It's even more awesome when they are shown up by people and things they believe are completely inferior to themselves or their pride pieces.

It always reminds me of that scene in American Psycho where the main character almost has a mental break down when a co worker has better business cards. Life is intense when you put so much of your value on insignificant things. Hahaha

I love this post. Best thing I've ever read in the past 24 hours. 
popcorn.gif

Mar 31, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #776 of 2,037
I love my Studio Wireless.  They are the only cans I've tried since buying my P7's that I've kept.  My biggest gripe with them is the cups aren't quite deep enough.  The wired Studio 2.0 has slightly deeper cups.  I honestly don't find that the Studio Wireless have that much bass even.  If they had deeper cups they would have far more bass, as pulling them slightly off my head they gain a lot of bass.  Yes I'm a bit of a bass head. :)

Mar 31, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #777 of 2,037
What's wrong with Spotify ???

The quality isn't the best. It's interface is terrible and you don't own the music that you listen to. BUT the biggest thing I have against Spotify is It basically has made music have no value whatsoever. When the masses have free easy access to millions of songs it diminishes the specialness and pleasure of the art. Most people change songs after a min or two of it playing because they can chose from millions of other songs to come next. It's an information overload and our brains don't cope with things like that well. And another thing is that nobody actually sits and listens anymore, music is just background noise to our busy lives instead of something that moves us and makes us think. I know there's a small segment of people like most Head-Fiers that actually do care about music. But to me Spotify is a product that represents a way our culture is going that I don't particularly like.

So when I say that I don't like Spotify, I guess it really means I don't like what it represents for the future.

Mar 31, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #779 of 2,037
  The quality isn't the best.

320kbps on premium, definitely no complaints from me there.

It's interface is terrible

Which interface? iPad? iPhone? Android? PC? PS4? I don't have issues with any of these interfaces, I can give them to parents or to young kids, and they can pick it up fairly easily. 

The quality isn't the best. It's interface is terrible and you don't own the music that you listen to. BUT the biggest thing I have against Spotify is that I MAKE ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT HOW PEOPLE USE IT

Spotify has replaced my CD collection, and I use it more than I use my downloaded music from the past.

Hell, I can even use Spotify tracks offline, on flights - you can download the music on Spotify.

I will often only listen to an album, and find Spotify is great for critical listening. 

Just because it's easily accessible, doesn't mean people aren't listening properly! 

Apr 1, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #780 of 2,037
I'm very impressed with the interface of Spotify on the playstation. I don't see how this could be more simple or intuitive. You just use the controller to select the album you want and BAM it just starts playing. You can scrub through the songs with L2 & R2 even. This kills Sony's previous music service. The ads are somewhat annoying if you don't pay for the subscription, but it's not too bad. Can't comment on sound cause I'm just playing the music on my TV speakers. It is kind of nice to have the music play while I hang out on the couch and browse head fi on my ipad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back