Why the Beats Hate?
Jan 22, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #526 of 2,037
  Just got a pair of the original Studio's and am very happy with them. 

The original studio's? Like, the pre-2013 version? I'm pretty sure Minarets is referring to the new ones. Cos... the old ones... they weren't good at all.
popcorn.gif

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #527 of 2,037
Yup. I have been listening to the matte black studios I got this past Monday. Not bad at all. Again, for a portable device like a phone or ipod they sound quite good. Good mids and treble too. Not overblows bass. I mean, its there, but it sounds good. Tight and controlled. No mud here. I'm quite impressed. Again at $299 maybe too much, but I had a gift card and didn't pay for them. Easy for me to put in the hard case and travel for the planes I take too often.

I'm with you.  Got some matte black studios last week as well and I'm really enjoying them for once.  The only other Beats headphone that was worth a damn was the Mixr and it's problem is it's just uncomfortable so they had to go back.

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #528 of 2,037
  Just got a pair of the original Studio's and am very happy with them.  They sound better TO ME than the M-100 I replaced them with and being fed by an iPod classic --->Arrow 3G amp they thump with the bass boost on level 1 on the Arrow.  That noise cancellation is a side benefit but I like it. 

Anyway, count me in as very impressed at the value. Which, by the way, I paid $100 for................

see, i think the new studios sound better than the M100.  i was dead set on M100 based on reviews from here until i heard them. 

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #530 of 2,037
  see, i think the new studios sound better than the M100.  i was dead set on M100 based on reviews from here until i heard them. 

That's funny...as I've currently got the ATH-WS99s and the Studio Pro 2013s...after having sold my M100s.  I just got bored with them after 9 months I suppose.  Something just sounds artificial about them...can't quite put my finger on it.  The Studios are the same way because of the NC hiss when it's quiet, but they are significantly more comfy so they won out based on that alone really.

Jan 22, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #531 of 2,037
Yes they are very comfy. I don't even notice a hiss even when volume is low, only when there is no music playing. My only real complaint is their build. Still built pretty well, but not compared to my JBL s700 or m100

Mar 11, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #532 of 2,037
Let's bump this thread as I found a store that probably hates them:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-57620056-47/would-you-like-a-brick-and-mortar-headphone-store-in-your-town/

...but you can spend some time listening to a wide range of headphones and see what makes sense for you. The range of brands is vast -- AKG, Audeze, Audio-Technica, Beyerdynamic, Etymotic, Fostex, Grado, Hifiman, Klipsch, Koss, Polk, Skullcandy, Sennheiser, Shure -- the list goes on to include almost every name I could think of, except one: Beats.

Mar 14, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #536 of 2,037
  I still think if they had Beats most people would buy those.

Does that town, or for that matter the WORLD really need another place to buy beats? I see them everywhere. I walked into a Zumiez skate shop the other day and they even had them. It was the only headphones they sold, too. That place is smart to offer something different. The fact that they don't carry them will send a message to anyone that goes in there, and hopefully will lead them to understand why they don't.

Mar 15, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #537 of 2,037
But it would make a lot of sense if they did carry them. If someone walks in expecting to buy Beats, the person working the counter can say, "Well, you wanna compare how they sound to *insert other pair of headphones*?" Then the consumer would have a first hand experience with how Beats compare to other, better headphones and have a greater understanding of the market.

Mar 15, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #538 of 2,037
I hate most beats. Except for the MIXR. Pretty well balanced. But I still wouldn't pay that premium price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back