Why the Beats Hate?
Jan 16, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #483 of 2,037
     I beg to differ...I'd buy the Philips Fidelio X1 ($400, similar to Beats' price range) just because it looks good any day, not knowing whether it sounds good or not (and I tell ya, it sounds gooooooood).

Now, take a look at this:

Beautiful, no?

Those look great! I also kinda said that wrong, I meant if you buy headphones strictly because of look and don't really care about sound. My best friend even used to have beats. One trying on of my 598's and he promptly sold his solos (not the hds).

Jan 16, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #484 of 2,037
       I beg to differ...I'd buy the Philips Fidelio X1 ($400, similar to Beats' price range) just because it looks good any day, not knowing whether it sounds good or not (and I tell ya, it sounds gooooooood).

Now, take a look at this:

Beautiful, no?

Those velour pads look mighty comfortable.

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #487 of 2,037
  CNN is telling us not to hate on Beats.  They even link a quote from here.  http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/13/tech/beats-headphones-audio-market/index.html?hpt=hp_bn5

Uhh, did you just link to the exact same CNN article that one of us here said already a couple of pages back?

They quoted one remarkably witty criticism from oneof the posters here, but I don't think they're telling us to not hate on Beats. Their quoting a statement here is merely one of the prime examples of Beats' horrible sound quality for price, and that's it -- there doesn't seem to be anything telling us to not hate on Beats.

But to be honest, CNN did say that we have to be thankful for changing the heapdhone world as we know it and opening up this massive market which brought many a person like me to start this journey in the world of ersonal audio. Other than that, that's about it.

I rest my case.

Jan 16, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #488 of 2,037
Jan 16, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #491 of 2,037
  Does he listen to rap/dubstep

LMAO 
biggrin.gif

Hopefully not!

Jan 17, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #492 of 2,037

Those look great! I also kinda said that wrong, I meant if you buy headphones strictly because of look and don't really care about sound. My best friend even used to have beats. One trying on of my 598's and he promptly sold his solos (not the hds).

And that's all that happened?

1. Listened to HD598
2. Sold Beats Solo
3. ????????
4. Profit!!!!????!!?!?!

Jan 17, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #494 of 2,037
You know, even if he converted, he could keep the Beats(!) and still buy another headphone. Gotta catch them all!

Jan 17, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #495 of 2,037
Sometimes I want to have an extended listening session with some lower end headphones such as Beats just to compare how far I've come. I found you definitely notice lower sound quality more easily when you're used to high fidelity. I guess you could call this headphone slumming.
biggrin.gif

Also why are there duplicate threads? http://www.head-fi.org/t/598436/the-hate-on-beats-why

Users who are viewing this thread

Back