Why should Kelly be an audiophile . . .
Nov 1, 2002 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

scrypt

Head-Fi's Sybil
. . . when he can be a *prosumer*, froth gnash gibber drool implode? Here, for the love of God, is the offending quote from a Motu 896 review in the latest issue of Future Music: "The S/PIF connection, though more of a 'prosumer' format, is often still the only digital connection on certain DAT machines. . . ."

I fully expect all those who blanch at being called *audiophiles* to embrace the term *prosumer* and fornicate with it gleefully in full frontal public view. I rest my case-load.

Nov 1, 2002 at 7:50 PM Post #3 of 10
Word.

Just before reading this thread, I literally just completed a long-ass-kelly-styled-reply to some other totoally off topic random thread in which I said, "I guess I would qualify as a pro-sumer."

I've always believed there to be a distinction between the educated consumer and the elitist snob of high end with anything.

Nov 1, 2002 at 10:13 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Born2bwire
After reading this, I've come to the conclusion that your avatar is way too sane looking for the likes of you.

After reading your reply, I've come to the conclusion that your knowledge of American criminology might be way too spotty for your own personal safety. Do not follow strangers home who offer to feed you tasty fruit roll-ups in the shape of human organs. Do not offer to finger-stopper the rifle barrel of a teed-off schizophrenic. And above all, do not trust in the sanity of people who look like the gent in my avatar. That guy happens to be John Wesley Hardin, you potentially ventilated corpse. JWH once shot a guy through a wall simply because he was *snoring*.

Have you taken a really good look at my avatar lately? Did you notice the feral cast, the rigidity, the intense stare that doesn't really belong in a formal portrait? If not, pay attention, or you might find yourself with a few new orifices when next you revel in the company of strangers who strike you as sane.

And Kelly: What's up with the vintage 80s slang? Wasn't puberty bad enough without those Cameo singles?

Nov 1, 2002 at 10:31 PM Post #5 of 10
Ah, I see you've been reading your Time Life Books Gunslingers series. Today we drive pick-ups, SUVs and overpriced sports cars but the attitude same as it ever was in Texas. I don't know what went wrong in California. Backlash from abused grape farmers and too much marijuana usage, I guess. We can be free if we just had a bigger government. Karl Marx, Richard Marx, it's all the same to me. The spirit of independence is alive in well in Texas even if patriotism fueled federalism and WW2 Germany era snap legislation is the way of things with you yankees. person shouldn't have been snoring, I say.

If the 80s are over, I've not yet received a memo.

Nov 1, 2002 at 10:34 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

I've always believed there to be a distinction between the educated consumer and the elitist snob of high end with anything.

I'm not certain what you're talking about here. Etymologically, the term *audiophile* would appear to mean a person who feels compelled to have sex with sound waves. And as for stereophiles, well, let's just say it's best not to invite those people to one's apartment.

About your second observation: Given my having cautioned b2bw earlier, I suppose I shouldn't mention this, but here goes.

If only I *had* been reading the Time Life Series, or even my pathetically expansive forensic psychology library (a true symptom of 80s damage). Unfortunately, I was reading my own sordid family history. I'm actually related to John Wesley. I mean, I have cousins in San Antonio whom I've never even met. Yet I'm certain I'd be pulverized Joe Lansdale-style if ever I wandered past Austin's over-educated city limits: "Where you off to with them weird-ass headphones, hair boy? Best not let the sun set on your ass in El Paso. You sure do look like my Polly Ann."

Nov 3, 2002 at 1:56 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Etymologically, the term *audiophile* would appear to mean a person who feels compelled to have sex with sound waves. And as for stereophiles, well, let's just say it's best not to invite those people to one's apartment.

LMAO!!!

Nov 3, 2002 at 5:12 AM Post #9 of 10
I've always been pro 'sumer. Such wonderful little creatures that gleefully fuel the engines of the economy. It is the mention of this SPIF connection which I find most disconcerto. Do I have one, or should I get one? Will gleeful frontal fornication be out of phase if not properly SPIFed?

Perhaps I prosume too much...

Posthumorously

gerG

Nov 3, 2002 at 8:19 AM Post #10 of 10
I'm neither audiophile nor prosumer, so I guess that makes me an audiosumer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back