1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Why should I upgrade? (rambling)

First

Back
3 4 5
Next

Last
  1. Braver
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xander
    Those who dont like the AKGs will be assimilated. [​IMG]

heh, "Team AKG" is like 3 people? [​IMG]

2. KR... Contributor
    Quote:

heh, "Team AKG" is like 3 people?

There's a reason for that you know[​IMG]

Geez, what's next? Team Coby? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Xander
    You guys are just asking for trouble. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. MacDEF Contributor
    Quote:

Geez, what's next? Team Coby?

LOL! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Eagle_Driver
    Now whut? Team Piece of Crap? [​IMG]

Gyah. I hate when that team gets formed! I'd rather have Anthrax contamination than see a Team Piece of Crap (or Team POS) exist!

6. Xander
    Team GPX!

7. dngl
    Back on topic: these are the tiers of audio-dom
    1) portable cdp + crappy headphones= not musical
    2) standard cdp + cmoy + decent headphones = musical
    3) stereophile class A system = musical and lifelike bringing you intimately close with the performance.

I agree, the middle ground between 2 and 3 is not really worth upgrading to. Do it sort of all or nothing IMO.

8. coolvij
    Xander.....you're hurting your case, man.....I mean, GPX=AKG!?!?!

[​IMG]

I hope to join Team AKG soon, tho [​IMG]

9. Xander
    Sorry...

Ok, no more AKG hype. I've been into audio for quite some time now, and to me, the search has always been to.. argh, there I go again...

MUST...HIT....SUBMIT....NOW....BEFORE....I....CONT INUE

10. pigmode
    Wab you're fortunate, because you are satisfied with what you have. Ever since I got my HD580 and JMT amp I've been chomping at the bit to get another amp and a couple of other headphones. Instead, I bought CDs.

I have about an RS 1 and HD600s worth of new CDs now, and I know my equipment very very well. When I do get some new stuff, I'll hopefully be able to see the differences fairly clearly. I think the conservative approach to equipment is a valid one.

Will I ever upgrade to an HD600? I don't know, but I'd like to. I'll probably go for a different sound for my next headphones.

11. Neruda
    Quote:

Originally posted by wab
    I didn't like the K501 at all, they have this weird soundstage that somehow appears to be at your feet or something. Don't really know how to describe, just really artificial.

Whoah! What K501 were you listening to? [​IMG]

And Xander, don't listen to them man. Team AKG is growing, and for some reason everyone gets angry when we try and explain that these phones are actually any good. I mean, hell, if I didn't feel bad about it, I'd say stuff like "the HD600's are absolute crap. they're muddy as hell, are totally dull, have boomy bass, and sound slow. The highs are undetailed and unclear. it's amazing that anyone likes that POS headphone." But I don't. I wonder why not?

So don't back off in the SLIGHTEST Xander. Why should you? Why do people get mad when we talk about how good our headphones are? are they really that worried that we're right? Is there a right or wrong in audio?

I think some of these people don't realize what real music sounds like. [​IMG]

12. MacDEF Contributor
    Quote:

I mean, hell, if I didn't feel bad about it, I'd say stuff like "the HD600's are absolute crap. they're muddy as hell, are totally dull, have boomy bass, and sound slow. The highs are undetailed and unclear. it's amazing that anyone likes that POS headphone." But I don't. I wonder why not?

Because it wouldn't be true? [​IMG]

13. dhwilkin Contributor
    Zing! [​IMG]

14. Neruda
    'fraid not. guess again.

I dunno, maybe you guys are just ashamed to admit it or something!

15. Vertigo-1
    Neruda, just what is your problem with other people's personal preference? They just simply prefer Sennheiser's sound, and not AKG's. Not everybody is going to like my R10s, so what am I going to do, piss on them? Good grief, give it a rest already. And just what's with this whole "Team this, team that" fad going on lately? Is it just me or it seems to just so happen to be the younger folks that seem to insist on this?

In the world of audio, a person's personal preference and own ears rule. Everything else is simply opinions based upon somebody else's preferences and ears. If you agree with them, good for you, you made a new friend. If not, oh well. Nobody hurts my feelings when they disagree with me, I just simply respect their opinion and move on with my own. Especially knowing that a lot of these other folks own MUCH higher end equipment than I do, I'd give more credit to them than I would to myself.

As for ramblings, I'll add in that the absolute sickest thing that happens to me is to get something that I think is totally cool, only to come home and read about the next best thing, for juuuuust a bit more. Then you start thinking about going that extra mile. This just happened to me today in fact. [​IMG]

First

Back
3 4 5
Next

Last