Why should i upgrade from cheapo headphones
May 21, 2002 at 10:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

stuckie27

100+ Head-Fier
Really why should i upgrade from cheapo headphones. They play music right...so why should i spend a hundred dollars on senns?

What are the reasons for upgrading..........why do you like head fidelity so much??

May 21, 2002 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 8
stuckie27
HI:
You don't have to upgrade to better cans if you are happy with what you have. But if I may say so there are a lot of cheep cans out there that sound real good like the koss portapro or koss 35s. These are cheep but sound realy great. The benafits with these upgrades are way better sound and better confert. If you stay around here for a while you will upgrade and be happy about it. What headphones are you useing now and what are you useing to plug them into? I am not trying to get you to upgrade for I know that it cost money to do so but if you are into good sound it might be nessary to do so. My first real upgrade was the koss portapro and even after a while I still use them for my portable rig. Upgrade is not manatory so enjoy what you have and enjoy head-fi. Good luck.

May 21, 2002 at 11:33 PM Post #3 of 8
Cheap 'phones sound like cheap.

Good, and there are some inexpensive GOOD 'phones, don't sound cheap. They sound GOOD. And the better they are, the better they sound.

Just got the Loaner Cosmic today. Definitely not a cheap amp, but combined with my Senn HD600's, the sound is "Touchable", palpable, incredible.

Bass that can almost be felt, the Brubeck Quartet spread out in front of me, and Paul's sax sounding like he's playing it for ME. And that's not a very good CD as far as its overall quality is concerned.

Harmon Kardon FL8300 CD Player, line out to Cosmic, to HD600's. I know that it gets better than this, but I don't ever want to actually experience it. My wallets inside out already.

Seriously, if listening to music is important, if QUALITY sound is important, read the various threads about different 'phones. GOOD 'phones make good sound, and there ain't no other way to get there.

May 22, 2002 at 12:50 AM Post #4 of 8
Tell ya what... Go to Circuit City and get a pair of Koss KSC-50s for $15.

Nevermind how they look or feel... It's only $15. If you hear a difference and like what you hear from your current headphoens it only gets better from there.

If not, I envy you... Seriously... At least loudspeakers aren't my crack... yet...

May 22, 2002 at 12:53 AM Post #5 of 8
If the cheap ones sound good to you then you shouldn't. If you want more out of music then try the $15 option mentioned to test it out.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 22, 2002 at 1:24 AM Post #6 of 8
I used to be like you, listening to music without giving a damn about the equipment.
Getting into this hobby has shown me that the equipment DOES get you closer to the music as it was meant to be heard. For me, and many others who visit these forums, better equipment generally makes music more enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back