Why Rockbox A Sansa Clip+?
May 26, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #16 of 33

Quote:
Hello!

For me, using rockbox on Fuze/Clip is complicate what is simple. Besides, I prefer the sound signature/SQ of the original firmware. In flat, Rockbox is inferior in terms of SQ, compared to the original firmware.

And I do not have much patience to deal with the zillions of options in Rockbox... :xf_eek:)

Cheers,

Peter

x2 . the original firmware is simple , just what i need
btw. nice to meet people from brasil , im from argentina

May 26, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #17 of 33
My Fuze couldn't do gapless playback until I rockboxed it. Along with the faster startup/shutdown and better battery usage, it was enough to convince me to go through the trouble.

Oh, I also play Tetris on my Fuze when I'm bored.

May 26, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #18 of 33

Quote:
Why Rockbox a Sansa Clip+?

Why not? 
etysmile.gif

May 27, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #21 of 33
I don't see a reason why not to, to be honest. I rockboxed my Clip+ as soon as I got it so it would be compatible with the entirety of my media library (much of which is in AAC) and because I hear it increases the battery life. Besides, using Rockbox is simple enough and I appreciate having the option to toy with sound settings and EQ presets should I want to.

May 29, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #26 of 33
Been trying to install rockbox using the utility program and it keeps saying this when I click Autodetect:
"Sansa Clip+ in MTP mode found!
You need to change your player to MSC mode for installation. Until you change this installation will fail."

May 29, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #27 of 33

Quote:
Been trying to install rockbox using the utility program and it keeps saying this when I click Autodetect:
"Sansa Clip+ in MTP mode found!
You need to change your player to MSC mode for installation. Until you change this installation will fail."

You'll need to go into the settings menu on the player, look for "USB Mode" and switch it to MSC.

May 30, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #28 of 33
There is absolutely no reason not to, but so many reasons to do it. Customizable UI, apps, games, better EQ are just a few. Possibility of better battery, ability to play all formats (I think), and ability to use practically every form of audio adjustment imaginable, along with gapless playback. You could go on for a while, or just go on rockbox site and see their check list. Rockbox is win.

Nov 3, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #29 of 33
I'm late to the party, but whatever... It removes the EU-sanctioned volume limitations... You can boost the volume louder on Rockbox... Plus increased battery life, speed of the UI... And so much more features like crossfade options,gapless playback... . and themes... .

I use a Rockboxed Sansa Clip+...

May 18, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #30 of 33
The people who say RockBox EQ is a negative probably don't know how to use it properly.  It has a steep learning curve I will admit but after doing tons of research on exactly what each frequency does and applying those principles I can honestly say it made a GREAT improvement.  As some sound engineers pointed out A-N-Y recorded material that comes out a studio ALREADY has been processed with EQ, compression and the like. I happen to think I can tailor it even more for my sound equipment.  To those somewhat uppity and condescending "purists" who say "well, I prefer a more natural sound"....pish posh..it wasn't really "natural" when it left the studio...it was already "enhanced" in whatever manner the sound engineer thought sounded best

Users who are viewing this thread

Back