Why no Low-End forum?
Jun 16, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #16 of 18
Awww, c'mon dudes. The term budget is extremely elastic.

I can't afford a new Senn Orpheus, but I was able to spring for 2 Stax SR-009's, 2 Stax SR-007 Mk1's, a BHSE and a DIYT2 plus a host of other headphones.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I could sell my collection and then get a new Senn Orpheus, but it ain't gonna happen.

Jun 16, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #17 of 18
  Awww, c'mon dudes. The term budget is extremely elastic.

I can't afford a new Senn Orpheus, but I was able to spring for 2 Stax SR-009's, 2 Stax SR-007 Mk1's, a BHSE and a DIYT2 plus a host of other headphones.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I could sell my collection and then get a new Senn Orpheus, but it ain't gonna happen.

heh. I always wondered why you got two 009s.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 16, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #18 of 18

It would certainly make the information more organized and easier to find, but we can't control where people decide to make posts of that nature. Plus there's the issue of what counts as "budget" and what doesn't. Depending on who you ask, it could be anything lower than $20...or $100...or $500.

I'm using ultra-budget headphones right now, actually: the Koss KTXPRO1. Only paid $15 for it, yet I like it more than so many headphones that cost hundreds!

yeah i think i agree, too much variance in what budget means. 
i like my monoprice $15 cans ok, but not better than my $40 sennheisers. my $120 AKG's work perfect for the studio. the $300 grado's i've heard sound better.

maybe in the consumer audio world there aren't the same kind of used discontinued bargains like in the recording world. or there's too many worldwide, don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back