1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Why is the closed-back market so bad?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by longtime lurker, Jun 9, 2015.
First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7
Next

Last
  1. Redcarmoose

Maybe the best advise you have ever heard from me. There is a headphone Donald North owns and I think it will be the ultimate headphone you will love. They are a rare Beyer semi open called the 911. Totally flat. You have to hear them, have to!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/beyerdynamic-dt-911-headphones

Music Alchemist likes this.
  2. DooberKnob
    Closed-market is really only lacking in the high end department. There are tons of great choices <$500 but it's seems open-backs dominate summit-fi.

3. q2klepto
    The only high end closed back that i can think of is the TH900, maybe Alpha Prime?

4. phrozenspite
    there's also the audeze lcd-xc

5. WraithApe
    Quote:

MHP1000.

6. Music Alchemist
    I don't think you guys read the first page of this thread, where these headphones were listed.

7. silverfire
    Well said.

8. WraithApe

In fact I did, but I was replying to a direct statement. I suppose I could have referred them to page one instead...

9. Music Alchemist

Fair enough. I should have replied to that statement directly anyway.

10. aqsw
    Not true in my case. I want/use a quality closed back at work, with a quality amp. OPPO HA1 - PM3s. I need the closed back for my environment and use quality rips or Tidal.
    I also take the PM3s home on weekends when I want to listen in the living room and not disturb anybody else. I think I'm serious audio market!. Yes I have open back Audezes and a set of Ethers on order, but I don't diss other peoples gear, because you prefer open in your case.

11. Shaffer

My comment addressed the market as a whole. I'm glad you found a solution that works for you.

12. karljs

I'm pretty similar and, in addition to not wanting to disturb people, sometimes the neighbor kids playing outside are loud enough to make open backs useless.  It's a rare (but beloved) occasion when I'm in a quiet, dedicated place to really appreciate my open-back phones.

13. aqsw

I think "in the market as a hole" there are alot of us audiophiles that this solution works for.

I'm glad you found a solution that works for you, too.

14. Shaffer

A lot of audiophiles is an oxymoron. Yes, there are some folks who differ on a headphone enthusiast forum. Shocking. Who would have thought?

I don't recall discussing one.

Edit: Wait, you own and use Bose speakers? We have nothing to talk about.

15. LNuneek
    [​IMG] ---> [​IMG]

First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7
Next

Last