Why is music so expensive?
May 20, 2005 at 3:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MD1032

Headphoneus Supremus
OK, so I wanted to buy some stuff for my various instruments. Added four items, ended up totaling $140. Is this crazy or what? 3/4 of it is just freaking reeds!! Pieces of wood that cost that much is just nuts. And the CLiCK barrel doesn't even sound that good (the standard R13 barrels blow them out of the water), I just want the clicking for matching band since my B12's barrel sucks. And they want that much for it? Crazy.

wwbw_cart_expensive.jpg

May 20, 2005 at 6:42 AM Post #3 of 6
Holy cow, prices have gone up since 1980
biggrin.gif

When I was playing my alto sax, reeds were a couple of bucks each - and not the cheapo Ricos, either! Brillhart 5 star mouthpieces were all the rage back then and I think that I saved up and bought one for around $40.00.

Of course, looking at the prices of the instruments now, I see the problem - my Selmer Mk. VI cost $850 at discount back then - look at them now! I guess I'll save mine for retirement.

-Drew

May 20, 2005 at 7:05 PM Post #5 of 6
Sound like it might be a good idea to get into the reed businesss. I could make my first million.
biggrin.gif

Makes me glad I play the Flute.

May 20, 2005 at 9:03 PM Post #6 of 6
wait til you're buying 15 records, about the same number of mp3's, every week, and 3+ new stylii every month. thats not even taking in to account music purchased for pure listening pleasure.

not much in terms of playing/making music beats nightclub dj'ing in a pissing contest of ongoing costs
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back