Why has amazon stopped selling the Sony MDR-V6
Jan 10, 2012 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Jtom94

100+ Head-Fier
I noticed that Amazon has stopped selling the Sony MDR-V6 on their website. They only offer used and refurbished listings. They used to sell them  for about 65 shipped but now they don't sell them new at all. I called Sony has asked them if the MDR-V6 has been discontinued or anything like that but they said there has been no change in the production schedule as far as they know. Anyone have any insights about why Amazon has stopped selling the MDR-V6? I know there has been a lot of news about fake V6's and a couple of threads on this site comparing the real and fake V6's but does that have anything to do with why Amazon has stopped selling these headphones? 

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V6-Monitor-Headphones-Voice/dp/B00001WRSJ

Jan 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #2 of 5
Probably not enough demand for them to restock them.

They still sell the MDR7506 from independent vendors which is almost the same headphone.

Jan 11, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #3 of 5
I was wondering the same thing, I had decided to get them, then they were gone. Worst Luck Ever. After calling up hifiheadphones.co.uk, the informed me that the place they are produced is gone, destroyed or damaged in the Thai floods, and they will be restocking about April. Also the Sony USA site says that they get more stock mid-Febuary, so I would think about a month or two after that. 
Hope that helps!

Jan 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #5 of 5
I called Sony directly and asked them if the headphones were back ordered and they said yes. They said the floods in Thailand did have something to do with the availability problem but the person i spoke with did not have very much more information than that. He said he knew for sure the floods mainly effected the camera division of Sony for sure but he was not 100% about the the headphones. The headphones are made in Thailand so i have no doubt that the floods had something to do with the availability problem. I hope all those hurt by the floods are ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back