Why don't people leave the price in for sale threads when they close them?
Jan 14, 2013 at 7:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

AlbinoBlacMan

Head-Fier
I'm wondering why people don't leave the price in for sale threads when they close them? Everyone leaves prices there in photography forums and it makes it way easier to see what an appropriate price for your used gear is.

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
I'm wondering why people don't leave the price in for sale threads when they close them? Everyone leaves prices there in photography forums and it makes it way easier to see what an appropriate price for your used gear is.

Most only put the price in the column that head-fi's huddler service asks for. When you close the thing, the price they inputed disapears as well.

I do see what you mean though.

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #3 of 3
I believe that's actually the point: to make it more difficult to determine a precedent for value. This is a good or bad thing, depending on your perspective.

Basically, if someone couldn't sell a piece of gear at any price other than something super-cheap, then future buyers could link to those ads and any future sale would be measured against that. Alternatively, if someone got scalped and paid way too much, it prevents future sellers from pointing to that in an attempt to justify a really high price.

It prevents head-fi from becoming a factor in establishing second-hand market value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back