Why does my game look like this...
Sep 26, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #3 of 12
Somewhat broken connection between the computer and screen maybe?
..or unsupported screen resolution, refresh rate, or like.

Sep 26, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #4 of 12
Go to the game's official website or gamefaqs and read the forums. See if others are having the same issue.

Sep 26, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #6 of 12
Looks like a colour depth issue. Like its set itself to 256 solours or something. But if a screenshot comes out in high colour then that can't be it. I'd guess a driver issue with your graphics card. Is this the first time you've played the game? What's changed since the last time if it worked properly back then?

Sep 26, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #7 of 12
this is the first time ive played it,

the setup ive got is my laptop connected to a second monitor [much bigger]

the game looks normal on the laptop, but on this screen it looks like this

surely cant be a connector seeing as films, etc play fine on this screen, this doesnt, havent tried any other games either

Sep 26, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

ideas? least its fixed!

Oh I willed it. Teddy bear magic, don't ask.

(Maybe it was just a one time thing, PC gaming is wonky that way)

Sep 26, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #10 of 12
ive never had it before, it looked like a whole load of random pixels were stuck etc, i suspect it was driver/software related ,

haunted? yeah thats it!

if i hadve done something i couldve understood, but ive done nothing

Sep 27, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #11 of 12
I had something like that happen when games were switching to non-native resolutions on my monitor, turns out just manually powering it off and then back on fixes the problem.

Sep 27, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #12 of 12
indeed, this problem often happened to me with my old Acer monitor, when using the analog connection from my laptop (the monitor was 1280x1024, my laptop was 1024x768)

it's a problem with the monitors' internal DAC not properly syncing, most likely - not your computer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back