Why does music sound so good after some workout in a nice cool weather?
Apr 23, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #16 of 39
I would imagine that lower barometric pressure makes the transducers job easier. No idea if this is true, but it seems logical.
Not really. It’s a trade off, as it will need to move with more amplitude to achieve the same audible volume.

I don’t think you’ll find such a thing very measureable since barometric pressure, at least at the same altitude, isn’t really changing that much.

Apr 29, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #17 of 39
After training, the mind is relaxed and completely stress free, that is if you trained hard enough. Everything is better in this stated. Life is better, music is better. I trained really hard this past year and my resting heart rate went from 80 or so beats per minute to high 50s BPM.

In a normal mentally relaxed state the heart rate is also at a relaxed state. This is different after training. If you have exerted yourself properly during training, afterwards, your mind is extremely relaxed...but. Your heart rate is relatively high. Drugs and alcohol can have the same effect of relaxing the mind yet speeding the heart rate...and I bet there are many stoned and tipsy music lovers aplenty.

Also the body is still warmed up, unlike first thing in the morning, when muscles and ligaments are cold. Training creates a load on the body, this load generates heat. Blood absorbs the heat and distributes it away for cooling. This warmed blood will inevitably end up on your eardrums and create more elasticity in the tissue. If flight and fight response of human evolution is to be believed, then in this state, your hearing is likely to be more acute. The latter is my opinion. The former is a fact.

Apr 29, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #18 of 39
I find music sounds best with a hamburger and a cold beer lying on a couch!

Apr 30, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #20 of 39
After training, the mind is relaxed and completely stress free, that is if you trained hard enough. Everything is better in this stated. Life is better, music is better. I trained really hard this past year and my resting heart rate went from 80 or so beats per minute to high 50s BPM.

In a normal mentally relaxed state the heart rate is also at a relaxed state. This is different after training. If you have exerted yourself properly during training, afterwards, your mind is extremely relaxed...but. Your heart rate is relatively high. Drugs and alcohol can have the same effect of relaxing the mind yet speeding the heart rate...and I bet there are many stoned and tipsy music lovers aplenty.

Also the body is still warmed up, unlike first thing in the morning, when muscles and ligaments are cold. Training creates a load on the body, this load generates heat. Blood absorbs the heat and distributes it away for cooling. This warmed blood will inevitably end up on your eardrums and create more elasticity in the tissue. If flight and fight response of human evolution is to be believed, then in this state, your hearing is likely to be more acute. The latter is my opinion. The former is a fact.
Wow...you guys are way over thinking this lol....hard to believe you could enjoy anything with the old sphincter clenched up like that....gotta relax

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #21 of 39
Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #22 of 39
Temperature and humidity can play a significant role in hearing. I live a little over three hundrerd yards from the southern most transcontinental rail line in the US. On cool dry winter days, you can hear the steel wheels on the rails and the train cars clicking and clacking about, along with the locomotive's engine and generator humming their irrating song.

In the summer when it's hot and humid, l can only hear the hum of the locomotive's generator.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #23 of 39
Air density effects the conduction of the energy of the audio waves as it propagates from the transducer. When you exercise there is more blood flowing, and the elasticity of the ear drum changes due to the tissue around the ear drum getting more blood flow. Also, hydration has a play on the middle and inner ear too.

Jul 13, 2018 at 1:25 AM Post #28 of 39
Exercise releases endorphins that activate the body's opiate receptors, causing an analgesic effect and euphoria.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back