Why does Head-Fi put all images and links at the beginning of the message.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2018 at 7:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

buke9

Headphoneus Supremus
Watercooler Travel Team
Help and Recommendation Contributor
It could be me IDK but if I insert a link or picture it always goes to the top and not inside the message. Is this something I’m doing wrong or is this just what i devices do?

Jun 12, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #2 of 5
Is this in private messages or public posts? Could you please describe the steps from start to finish? Something might be off if the content is not being placed at your cursor. We'd also need to know what devices you're using, what operating system (version number) they're running, and what browser you're using.

Jun 12, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #3 of 5
Is this in private messages or public posts? Could you please describe the steps from start to finish? Something might be off if the content is not being placed at your cursor. We'd also need to know what devices you're using, what operating system (version number) they're running, and what browser you're using.
I think it is in both. I have not been able to post without it always going to the top after the change. I always upgrade when it is available so this would be with 11.3 with my iPad right now but this has been happening the whole time for me. Thanks Brian.

Jun 13, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #4 of 5
OK, I just tried this on my iPhone (iOS 11.4, Safari) and I see what's causing the images to appear at the top. When you draft a post and then upload a file, the cursor is no longer in the composition window. If I upload a file, then add the thumbnail immediately, it does add it to the top of the post because it doesn't know where I want to put it. If I touch the composition window first to place my cursor where I want the image to go, clicking the thumbnail button places the image at the cursor.

I'm not able to recreate this using links, both by pasting a URL directly and using the Links button from the menu. How are you adding URLs to the post?

Jun 15, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #5 of 5
This happens on other forums with the same software.

When making a post, if you upload a file, for example a picture, once its been uploaded, if you push thumbnail or fullsize, the picure will automatically be pasted at the top/start of the message.

To position the uploaded file correctly, upload the file, put the flashing cursor in the message box where you want the uploaded file to be positioned and then select thumbnail or fullsize.

The uploaded file will then be positioned where you want it to be.

It is exactly the same as other websites that use the same forum software, so I dont think it is a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back