1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Why Do You Listen To Headphones

2 3
Next

Last
  1. lextek Contributor
    Why do you listen to headphones? Do they sound better? Crowded house? What?

Lextek[​IMG]

2. Audio-Me
    My family never allows me to use my speakers that I paid for! They use it more than I do, argh. Then again, it is my parents house. Oh and when on the go, you know why... Hehe.

3. lextek Contributor
    Even when it's "your" house the on time is very. limited.

Lextek[​IMG]

4. joelongwood Moderator
    I just like the more personal, immediate sound of headphones. Pretty simple..........well, also I can sneak more of 'em in the house. The Altec Model 19 speakers I tried to bring in awhile back were too easy to find. [​IMG]

5. Vertigo-1
    Crowded house. There's no way I'd even bother using my headphones otherwise...my speakers just cream all of them 10 ways till the Sunday.

6. chadbang
    Formerly for portability. Now for quality. [​IMG]

What kind of speakers, Vert?

7. Ctn
    Dont want to hook my expensive eq up to my comp so enter the world of headphones :[​IMG]

And of course for portability...

You cant beat a good speaker system for LOUD clear undistorted music with a hell lot of bite [​IMG]

8. Vertigo-1
    I have the Triangle Titus...Stereophile Class B stuff. [​IMG]

9. chadbang
    I never made "Class B" in speakers, myself. Must go check those out! Then again, R10s... [​IMG]

10. eric343 Contributor
    Value. The only speaker system I've heard lately that beat my HD600+MG Head is Martin Logan Prodigy+$10k Krell amp+Sony SCD-1, and that was at Magnolia Hi-Fi in a special listening room with the soundproof doors closed. I could never get that kind of sound in my room.

11. Vertigo-1
    Well chadbang, the Tituses only costed me $380 on the used market...retail is $495. They're the first speakers ever below $500 to make it to Stereophile Class B. [​IMG] And they're just that damn good. [​IMG] Not even the R10s made it to Class B! [​IMG]

12. cajunchrist
    Apartment living. I could never get reasonable levels of audio without neighbors calling the police on me (40 times in one month). For the record, I never got ticketed. Thin walls and a totally ******* neighbor, who never left his apartment, so I could never so much as turn on my stereo without him hearing it. Thank God I got wise and moved.

cajunchrist

13. TerriblySorry
    I prefer to have the music inside, rather than outside, my head.

14. shivohum
    Quote:

Well chadbang, the Tituses only costed me $380 on the used market...retail is $495. They're the first speakers ever below $500 to make it to Stereophile Class B. And they're just that damn good. Not even the R10s made it to Class B!

I hope you realize that "even" the Sennheiser 600 and Grado RS-1 are Class A...not to mention the Stax Omega II. [​IMG]

15. dhwilkin Contributor
    Mostly value for the money and convenience.

2 3
Next

Last