Why Do They Rock So Hard? (Edifier S2.1D Tribute)
Jul 9, 2007 at 5:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Predator88

100+ Head-Fier
Just got them in today. Hooked them up via SPDIF from the Emu 0404, and turned on what I consider to be my benchmark songs (Clapton Unplugged -Signe 1, Whole Wheat Bread - Loud and Clear, Goldfinger - 99 Red Balloons, Grateful Dead - Sugar Magnolia [from Hundred Year Hall]). All I can say is wow, I was and still am blown away by the quality sound for the $100 price tag. Granted that I've never listened to a real high end setup or any headphones better than the MS1s, but they're still spectacular. Probably the perfect setup for students with a tight budget.
rs1smile.gif

Jul 31, 2007 at 4:12 PM Post #4 of 5
I recommended them to my bro after reading this thread... I am very, VERY impressed by them at the price ($75 canadian!). For computer speakers, these things blow the competition OUT OF THE WATER. He recently upgraded to the Chaintech AV710 soundcard, where he first had it hooked up to the Optical Input using the speakers' own DAC, until I recommended him use the Chaintech's high-quality DAC instead.

Set it all up, Kernel Streaming in foobar, and it sounds GREAT. The soundstage on these babies are AMAZING, even at 3-4 feet away. The sub is musical and not boomy when set at a moderate level, and combines seamlessly with the satellites.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Aug 26, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #5 of 5
after seeing all the reviews i also purchased these speakers and they are as good as they say except. I'm using them plugged via optical. The problem is how do i listen to headphones. Do i have to plug them behind my computer and disable spdif to regain the use of the analog outs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back