Why did you join headfi?
Nov 22, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #76 of 144
I ride dirt bikes, play paintball and game.  Logic dictated that I need another expensive hobby :-D

Nov 22, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #77 of 144
I came here looking around for a pair of headphones that would be good for music with some gaming. I got the AD700 and that was that for a time... now.. I'm sliding down this slope as fast as my income does. Oh dear...

Nov 24, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #81 of 144
Wanted to learn what may be my best "bang for the buck" personal listening experience future hardware choices there were.And now after several days reading the huge amount of reviews and comments,can honestly say that I am just as confused as ever.Just kidding,but I have much to learn.

Nov 24, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #82 of 144
... originally I had some questions regarding my recently bought Hifiman HM-801 ... and then it developed a dynamic of its own ...
L3000.gif

Nov 24, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #83 of 144

Quote:
Wanted to learn what may be my best "bang for the buck" personal listening experience future hardware choices there were.And now after several days reading the huge amount of reviews and comments,can honestly say that I am just as confused as ever.Just kidding,but I have much to learn.

This place does that to you. It takes a while to figure what is really good and what is not, and who good reviewers are and who to ignore. Some wikis are a great starting point, just look in the archives, especially for Boomana's hopefully helpful headphone buying guide for newbies. Also, the more gear you buy, the more you learn. Luckily for you, you live in America, and it is much easier and cheaper to obtain or just try out gear here. Actually, has the best headphone buying and service situation of the whole world with the exception of maybe Japan (things are more expensive, however.)

I joined head-fi because I lurked so much and just wanted to ask some questions and contribute.

Nov 25, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #84 of 144
I ran out of reasonable computer upgrades. So I decided I would get myself some better headphones and ended up here. I think in the long run I would've actually saved money if I stuck with my original plan of grabbing an i7 920 and throwing together a water loop or two :p

Nov 26, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #85 of 144
I got into headphones looking to improve the experience when listening to albums on my iPod. My search for better headphones led me to headphone amps and finally here. I joined when I set myself to build a Millett 'Starving Student' Hybrid, as I saw the thread for that amp here is vast and with many people willing to help in case of trouble.

cheers!

Nov 26, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #86 of 144
Was looking for some $40 portable headphones, I thought I was crazy buying such expensive headphones... Never got them and ended up with the AD700s, some random DAC, Thinksound Rains, Sennheiser HD25II and 1 week ago the HD650.... but never regretted it a single bit!

I have spend ~26 times more money more then I initially wanted.., and i still need a good DAC, CD player and an Amp.

My 18 year old wallet hates me, but my ears and soul loves it.

Nov 26, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #88 of 144
Well I was lurking for a few months, just reading about the different headphones out there.  Since I'm in a content place with my HT and 2-channel setups headphones was my next challenge.

I happened to look in the "Local Head-Fi Meetings" section in time to join and attend the "ChiUniFi 4".  After that experience and winning a few items I am here to learn and jump in with both feet, I already have a few headphones and amps in my list to purchase.

James 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back