Why can't i hear a difference?
Aug 2, 2008 at 6:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Elluzion

Headphoneus Supremus
when i use my tripple fi's + lOD + ipod 5.5 + ibasso d2 viper

i can't tell the difference between using the amp and LOD from stock. it sounds the same. Shouldn't bypassing the internal amp and using the viper help at all? Am i not listening close enough? i guess this may be a good thing, but idk.

what to do?

Aug 2, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #3 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Give it time. Differences can be subtle.

But that said, you're not hearing the full potential of the Triple.Fi's with an iPod.

Or is the Tripple fi something else?

-Ed

Yeah idk. Well i can only really be portable. IS their a certain player that would bring out its potential? should i try something different than an ipod? is the source more important than the amp (in a portable outlook)

let me know

UE Tripple Fi's.

Aug 2, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #4 of 27
Simple, not enough cowbell in that system.

MoreCowbell.jpg

Aug 2, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #5 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick 214 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Simple, not enough cowbell in that system.

MoreCowbell.jpg

What?

Aug 2, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #6 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What?

You're kidding me, you never saw that old SNL skit?

Aug 2, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're kidding me, you never saw that old SNL skit?

nope... lol.

would changing DAP's make a difference?

Aug 2, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #8 of 27
I firmly believe that (in no particular order): quality of recording, headphones and source player have more of an effect on SQ than an amp

When I first received my T115 I was distinctly unimpressed. *I must convince myself I can hear a difference because I spent £££ on it*

Cutting it short, after burn in I do appreciate what the T115 brings. Wider soundstage. Bass is deeper and has more impact. Highs are tamed and no longer harsh. Do I have regrets? No. All part of a journey

Aug 2, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I firmly believe that (in no particular order): quality of recording, headphones and source player have more of an effect on SQ than an amp

When I first received my T115 I was distinctly unimpressed. *I must convince myself I can hear a difference because I spent £££ on it*

Cutting it short, after burn in I do appreciate what the T115 brings. Wider soundstage. Bass is deeper and has more impact. Highs are tamed and no longer harsh. Do I have regrets? No. All part of a journey

Yeah, well i use .FLAC and Tripple fi's.

Now i can get a better DAP, or just stick with what i have, or upgrade the OPAMPS in my viper, or get another amp

maybe i have to listen closer to hear the difference, i am sure my amp helps

Aug 2, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crackerman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the Viper plugged into the headphone jack or the lineout at the bottom of the iPod?

lineout, with an LOD

Aug 2, 2008 at 11:12 PM Post #12 of 27
Ah I see. Sorry for such an obvious question but when I had my Graham Slee Voyager I just had it plugged into the headphone jack of my laptop and wondered why I couldn't hear any difference (Im an idiot you see)

Aug 2, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crackerman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah I see. Sorry for such an obvious question but when I had my Graham Slee Voyager I just had it plugged into the headphone jack of my laptop and wondered why I couldn't hear any difference (Im an idiot you see)

Oh i see. Yeah no i have an LOD made with mogami cable, from brainsalad.

So i dont know what to do. I never heard a difference with my Ultrasone proline 750's either. It's weird.... I expected that i could hear a difference.

Aug 2, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #14 of 27
To be honest when I had an RSA Predator I didn't notice a huge difference with the triple.fi's. I don't think they benefit that much from an amp besides a bit of tightening up of the sound and maybe a bit of extra clarity. Not that I noticed anyway, but I've only had experience with two amps.

Aug 2, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #15 of 27
You can hear absolutely no difference with either phone? Not even a bit of extra oomph in the low end or a tad extra sparkle at the top?

Burn in maybe?

Congrats on your next post too
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back