Why are almost all headphones designed so badly ergonomically?
Jun 23, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #31 of 42
Recently was into LCDs. Was thrilled about new suspension headband. Thought to myself, finally the time is right to taste the flavor. Only to be disappointed that there is flaw in design described abow.

What do you think how many revisions do they need to get it right. Not very optimistic is all I can say.

Jun 23, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #32 of 42
Recently was into LCDs. Was thrilled about new suspension headband. Thought to myself, finally the time is right to taste the flavor. Only to be disappointed that there is flaw in design described abow.

What do you think how many revisions do they need to get it right. Not very optimistic is all I can say.

And the bigger problem for me is treble recession. Though that's less of a matter of "getting it right" since I'd just say they get that one wrong on purpose (and no it doesn't make them a more relaxed listen).

Jun 23, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #33 of 42
Simple answer from someone working in R&D = when you don't have anything concrete to sell novelty every year, then aesthetic features take over performance and usability.
It's called cheap innovation for the masses.

Campfire Cascade is the latest iteration of that trend in high-end models. Ergonomy nonsense at its worst. But Campfire was already huge on making non-ergonomic IEMs before, so it's nothing new for them. Anything with a sharp angle should NEVER EVER come close to ears.

That is not true. Bose is cheap and for the masses and is very comfortable.

In fact, it is one of the those headphones that ticks most of the boxes which you cannot say for much more expensive headphones.

Jun 24, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #35 of 42
No man, you didn't understand the signature "it's the kiss of the darkness".

I wouldn't even describe the LCD-4 as dark (it has a lot of treble energy above 10 KHz). The recession just destroys vocals making them sound weird and unauthentic. I do like other headphones described as "dark" or laid back (that have less > 10 KHz energy so are arguably darker/more laid back).

Jun 24, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #36 of 42
I wouldn't even describe the LCD-4 as dark (it has a lot of treble energy above 10 KHz). The recession just destroys vocals making them sound weird and unauthentic. I do like other headphones described as "dark" or laid back (that have less > 10 KHz energy so are arguably darker/more laid back).
Sigh. Sounds like a typical Audeze tuning. Who tunes Audeze? Certainly not a vocal listener.

HD650 is considered dark, but vocals is ok.

Jun 24, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #38 of 42
And still they are so popular, they almost trick me into getting one. Now I'm kinda proud that I didn't.
Usually it's thread hype train(you know, when people initially get it and say this is the best ever), and then somebody come out and talks about the recessed upper-mids. And then they have denial, and get upset. Haha.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #39 of 42
In my case HD 595 is close to perfection. HD 58X Jubilee will probably feels just fine too once the clamping force reduces a bit. K712 on the other hand isn't even close in comfort.

Jun 24, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #40 of 42
Usually it's thread hype train(you know, when people initially get it and say this is the best ever), and then somebody come out and talks about the recessed upper-mids. And then they have denial, and get upset. Haha

It's not funny dude, we all been there. Hypeoneus denailitus is 'till this day incurable disease.

Jun 24, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #42 of 42
Can you share some specifics ?
Just dissapears. It's like I'm not even wearing anything. I can wear it all day without any discomfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back