Who's the Curve fan here?
Mar 13, 2002 at 2:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

markl

Hangin' with the monkeys.
Member of the Trade: Lawton Audio
I don't remember who it was, but someone here I'm certain of it keeps talking about this band. Well I found "come clean" in the $3.00 used bin and basically added it to my pile of 20 cds to get a price break down to $1.50. I fugured what the heck.

Well, I'm listening to it right now and the sound is great, and I'm digging the music quite a bit. reminds me a lot of Garbage, actually (only more trippy rather than pop-y.). If you like Garbage you'd probably like Curve.

Worth my $1.50. What other Curve titles are recommended?

markl

Mar 13, 2002 at 4:16 AM Post #2 of 8
I am a huge Curve fan -- have a lot of the singles, etc. Though I have to admit, I don't remember posting about them...maybe DarkAngel and I went back and forth a little bit about them in the undead thread...or maybe it was before that.

Heh-heh -- reminds you of Garbage -- OTHER WAY AROUND. Heh-heh. Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Other titles -- their two most recent -- Gift and the internet only Open Day at the Hate Fest are two of the most mature things they've ever done.

Cuckoo would be my next purchase, knowing what I know. A little less consistent, but very poppy, and has my favourite track of all time.

Save Doppelganger for last. It's better than Beautiful Garbage, but not as good as Curve's other output.

Then track down the singles: BlackerThreeTracker and BlackerThreeTrackerTwo are my two favourites.

Mar 13, 2002 at 5:52 AM Post #3 of 8
Yes I love curve and have all CDs except "open day hate fest" I think we discussed this group in detail in our past "shoegazing" threads. Come Clean + Gift are somewhat similar to 1st Garbage
CD while Pubic Fruit is straight out of MBV (my bloody valentine)
playbook.

My three fav Curve CDs:
-pubic fruit.....collects 1st three EPs on 1 CD, great stuff.
-come clean
-gift

Check out half.com for these used.

Mar 13, 2002 at 6:07 AM Post #4 of 8
Ooh, sounds like I'm going to have check this group out!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 16, 2002 at 8:45 PM Post #7 of 8
My new issue of Magnet magazine came today. The articles are usually great but the CD sampler is mostly junk.

Anyway, the COVER story is "The History of Shoegazing". And there's articles on Ride (remember them?), My Bloody Valentine (I have loveless) Slowdive, Lush, and of course CURVE!

markl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back