Who's got the bling-bling?
May 19, 2004 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Stephonovich

Headphoneus Supremus
Just wondering; what do Head-Fiers wear in the way of jewelry? I don't wear anything other than the very nice (IMO) Android Ultra Watch, but soon plan on taking an old low E string from my bass and stringing a guitar pick on it, and wearing that as a necklace. Bear in mind the low E (on mine, anyway) is .105" thick. About as big around as a pencil. Oughta look pretty nice... Plus, of course, if you take it off, it's a perfect garrote
very_evil_smiley.gif

(-:Stephonovich:)

May 19, 2004 at 5:16 AM Post #3 of 28
Yeah, my brother keeps giving me dire warnings on how someone 'could come up behind me and kill me so easily!'. I told him I don't expect that to be an issue. Perhaps I'll put a quick-release latch in there. They've got ones so when force reaches x, it unsnaps. Had an [albeit much larger] one for calf halters, so they can't strangle themselves when tied up.

(-:Stephonovich:)

May 19, 2004 at 1:33 PM Post #4 of 28
The only jewelry a man should wear is a watch. And he should have one as nice as he can afford. I aspire to an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak. Stainless steel. No diamonds or rose gold for me.

edit: I guess wedding rings, college/military rings, etc are OK too.

May 19, 2004 at 4:08 PM Post #5 of 28
the only 'bling' i wear is on a hot day and that will be my oaklys and maybe if im running or working out my e888's if you want to call them bling....but im on the hunt for a nice watch, omthin titainium, carbon coated would be nice as well, about £200 ish....you know you want to...

May 19, 2004 at 4:32 PM Post #6 of 28
I was going to say that I really don't wear nothin', but now I realize that's a bit o' a lie.

Between the body jewelry, the dog collar, the steel dog chain leash, the talisman and the other steel chains on my jacket I do set off the (sensitive) metal alarms in buildings, so I guess I do wear jewelry.

Of sorts.

May 19, 2004 at 5:08 PM Post #7 of 28
Well there's my bracelet, a minimal type affair, there's my engagement and wedding ring, which again are very minimal, then there's my Final Fantasy Seiko watch, and my Ring of Power and the silver chain made by the company in New Zealand that made them for the movie.

I'm not a geek.
wink.gif

May 19, 2004 at 5:19 PM Post #8 of 28
I have my watch, wedding ring (white gold band), pilot's ring (silver signet) and a 400 year old silver Christian cross dug up on an archeological dig in Mexico which is hung round my neck on a leather "chain".

May 19, 2004 at 6:37 PM Post #10 of 28
nothing but a watch... whenever I can find it
smily_headphones1.gif

May 19, 2004 at 8:05 PM Post #11 of 28
I have a silver pinky ring on my left hand with a bit of a tribal/celtic design on it, and a 10ga captive ball ring in my left earlobe.

If I'm going out, I'll sometimes put on a heavy silver bracelet.

If I'm just around the house, I'll have my room key around my neck (4 strand braid around the neck, merging into an 8 strand braid, then the key held captive by a pair of friendship knots. All done in blue and pink cord.)

also thinking of getting a matching piercing in my right lobe, but nothing definite yet.

May 19, 2004 at 9:04 PM Post #13 of 28
My initial reaction is "nothing," but then there's the small (faux) silver hoop in my left ear, and my wedding band. Sometimes I wear a watch, but it's just a cheapo Armitron, not what I'd call "bling."

-Mike

May 19, 2004 at 9:12 PM Post #14 of 28
A cheapo metal ring on my left thumb
A cheapo Faded Glory watch on my left wrist
Medium sized ball braclett on my left wrist
A few of those black "gelly" braceletts on my right wrist (the kind rumored if you break em you get a "prize" among kids. Not true, I've broken a few off of my ex, i still every now and then tell her she "owes me")
A black "bondage" bracelette w/ metal ring also on right wrist
A black tribal necklass
A pure silver chain necklass
and right now a ring in my left eyebrow with a black ball, although I also have a barbell, its just missing a second ball and I'm yet to buy a replacement.

Lots'o'bling. Lol.

May 19, 2004 at 9:42 PM Post #15 of 28
just kidding.

i wear either a pulsar solar stainless or skagen solid titanium watch, a flat gold or diamond-cut rope neck chain with a gold wedding band hanging (i don't like to wear rings on my finger).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back