Who's gonna see Pink Floyd w/Waters in London on July 2nd?
Jun 20, 2005 at 7:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Headphoneus Supremus
Apparently they are playing w/Roger Waters for Live 8. Wish I could be there
frown.gif

Jun 20, 2005 at 7:56 AM Post #2 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
Wish I could be there
frown.gif

Me too. Unfortunately this might be the last opportunity to see them live.

Jun 20, 2005 at 4:07 PM Post #3 of 12
Yes, please post who you are, your current address and other relevant information.

I need to know who to drug and tie to a support beam, so I can temporarily assume your identity and go in your place.

Jun 20, 2005 at 4:11 PM Post #4 of 12
Does anyone think a DVD will be released of this performance? I don't see why not...I mean come on - it's Pink Floyd we're talking about here!

Jun 20, 2005 at 4:15 PM Post #5 of 12
I wish I could go, but I am not interesting in hearing all the other stuff to get to the biggest musical event since the first Live Aid. I am also not a really big Bob Geldof fan, so I am not interested in getting the rock & roll messiah business. Of course, one can hope that the Telex machine is still kept so clean.

Jun 21, 2005 at 1:22 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Does anyone think a DVD will be released of this performance? I don't see why not...I mean come on - it's Pink Floyd we're talking about here!

We can all hope so
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2005 at 8:41 PM Post #8 of 12
The DVD-a/DVD for the "PULSE" album was also set for release this month. Unless they set it back again.
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif
icon10.gif

Jun 22, 2005 at 3:32 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
I would have love to have gone but wasn't lucky in the text lottery so I'm resigned to watching it live on TV with the Hi-Fi blasting it out
mad.gif

Who's broadcasting it? BBC I hope?

Jun 22, 2005 at 7:10 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01
The DVD-a/DVD for the "PULSE" album was also set for release this month. Unless they set it back again.
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif
icon10.gif

You mean that production by the people who do Stomp? good stuff.

Jul 13, 2005 at 2:58 AM Post #12 of 12
Well I watched it on TV.... seems arthritis has set in, as they only were playing about 1/2 - 2/3 of the notes
wink.gif
But Roger Waters seemed to be doing a damn fine job of enjoying himself, so that was cool to see
smily_headphones1.gif
It's nice that they could set their differences aside; I could really tell how much he loved playing with the guys.

peace

Users who are viewing this thread

Back