Who's going to the superbowl?
Nov 18, 2002 at 12:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

markl

Hangin' with the monkeys.
Member of the Trade: Lawton Audio
It's going to be in San Diego this year and I'm voting for my Chargers. I think they're an underdog that really has a chance this year. They've got the toughest schedule in the NFL, but they've surprised us at every turn so far this season.

They've just beaten the 49'ers (my second favorite team) and I think they can make it.

So-- who else is going to be in the SuperBowl?

Mark

Nov 18, 2002 at 1:07 AM Post #2 of 23
Hmm, being in Pittsburgh. . . the Steelers! Note: that about does it for my knowledge of football. I do know they've made some pretty good changes though. . . Maddox seems to be working out, and were not doing that bad!

Nov 18, 2002 at 1:15 AM Post #3 of 23
Mark, I wouldn't write off the 'niners so quick. (I'm a Dallas Cowboy fan) so I have nothing to look forward to except the next draft. I happen to live in Santa Cruz (just over the hill from San Jose) and my sister and her family are big fans of the '49'ers...I think they're playing as good of football as anyone right now!

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 18, 2002 at 1:38 AM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
Oh, but try Rickers....try.
biggrin.gif

You know, my sis and her husband keep telling me that...but I'm a Texan at heart, and I guess I'll always be one. I can dig California for it's scenery and ( I can't remember the second thing I liked CA for...). I feel so liberated when I cross the border into another state....and I feel so chained when I come back in. I have neighbors that were born and raised here that feel the same way.

California is the most restrictive and at the same time, the most beautiful state I've lived in.

Feels like a 3rd world country...with Grey-out Davis for a dictator...

Nov 18, 2002 at 1:45 AM Post #8 of 23
Ouch! Dictator is strong words. He's more like the "he's better than the republican candidate but don't get any funny ideas" man.

Aint no way any Democrat could be a dictator, least of all in this conservative-voting state. Don't worry, Davis is well in the hands of special interest industry, as much or more than any Republican candidate.. He won't pass any progressive laws...

Yet this has nothing to do with the fact that the Chargers are going to the SuperBowl!!

Mark

Nov 18, 2002 at 3:36 AM Post #10 of 23
I definitely hope the Steelers make it this year. Starting QB Tommy Maddox was injured today, so it's unclear when he'll be back. However, Kordell Stewart is waiting in the wings, should Maddox be sidelined. Not too bad.

Nov 18, 2002 at 5:54 AM Post #11 of 23
I saw the highlights of the 49ers game, & I saw that Raiders-Niners game. That kicker...

Get rid of kickers and call it something else than football. Then the Niners would have a chance again.

Nov 18, 2002 at 9:57 AM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
(I'm a Dallas Cowboy fan) so I have nothing to look forward to

As a die hard Redskins fan, I can't tell you how glad I am to hear this!!!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!!

How does the saying go: I only like two teams in the NFL, the Redskins, and anyone playing Dallas!! Nothing personal at all Rick, just detest the archenemy of the 'Skins.

Nov 18, 2002 at 9:25 PM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
As a die hard Redskins fan, I can't tell you how glad I am to hear this!!!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!!

How does the saying go: I only like two teams in the NFL, the Redskins, and anyone playing Dallas!! Nothing personal at all Rick, just detest the archenemy of the 'Skins.

LOL, I really enjoy the rivalry's (especially with the 'Skins). Also, I want to personally apologize to everyone and, most of all, to JMT and MarkL for going sideways in this thread yesterday. My only excuse is that I had just hung up on a futile phone conversation with one of my exe's from Texas and I was way pissed.

In order to show you all just how humble I am about my shameful Dallas Cowboys, I'll submit the following joke:

A man inherited a little over $1 billion dollars. He had three sons. He told his sons that since he now had all this money, he would like to
know, what each of them would like to have. He stressed that MONEY was no object.

His first son said that he had always wanted a Jaguar. The father went out, and since money was no object, bought him 7 Jaguars in different colors, so that he would have a different one to drive every day of the week.

His second son said that he always wanted a motorcycle. So the father went out, and again since money was no object, bought him 30 new motorcycles, 10 dirt bikes, 10 hogs, and 10 touring bikes, so he would have a different bike to ride every day of the month.

His third and youngest son was only 8 years old. So the little guy said that he simply had wanted a Mickey Mouse outfit. So, money being no object, his father went out and bought his son the Dallas Cowboys.

OK....are you satisfied?

wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back