who's going to take the NBA championships this year?
post-823678
Post #1 of 6

pic9809

Head-Fier
Reaction score
my money is on the lakers over the pistons in 6. anybody else following the playoffs?

post-823684
Post #2 of 6

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
Reaction score
Representing the Detroit (area) contingent....

The Pistons looked very good last night over the Pacers, but the rest of that series will be tough. If they should prevail (and I think that they will), it's pretty clear that they will face the Lakers.

If that happens, the Pistons are going to get killed. They have nobody who matches up well with Kobe, and noboday who matches up AT ALL with Shaq.

I'd say Lakers in 5...but I won't be happy about it.

post-823754
Post #3 of 6

swalker

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
As sad as it is, I'm actually getting more excited thinking about the draft than the playoffs. Having said that I'll be watching the games hoping Garnett goes nuts and the wolves beat the Lakers but that isn't likely to happen. I don't really think any of the two eastern teams has a realistic chance of winning the champion ship over Shaq&Kobe. Just have to hope they can prove me wrong.

post-823780
Post #4 of 6

Jester

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by pic9809
my money is on the lakers over the pistons in 6. anybody else following the playoffs?

Yep, I would agree with this. Detriot is a year away from winning it. Shaq and Kobe will be hard to handle and will again carry the load. I look for Payton to get a little more involved in the Finals. Also, Fox and Fisher will have to continue to play well off the bench.

Truly waiting for football season...

post-823830
Post #5 of 6

tortie

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
The Lakers of course!

For Detriot fans, just imagine if the had picked Melo as their second pick. Detriot's starting lineup would have been the 2 Wallaces, Carmelo Anthony, Billups & Rip. Pretty darn impressive! With their defense, they might even have a chance to upset the Lakers

post-823868
Post #6 of 6

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
Reaction score
Only problem is that Carmello would have had to have been a part of the team concept. I get the impression that he's going to be an unusual fit in a team like the Pistons. Furthermore, he very likely would not have had nearly so much playing time or nearly so much success with a top tier team like the Pistons. So while I'll grant you that he's a good player, I don't necessarily think his success with the formerly sad-sack Denver Nuggets would have been duplicated with the Pistons.

Besides, it remains to be seen whether Darko, their 18 year old big man (let's not forget that...a LOT of high school players who went to BAD teams didn't get much playing time their first year) who they drafted instead of Carmello will blossom into a commodity which is more difficult to come by than a small forward who can fill it up. I'm hoping that he'll get a lot more playing time next year, and lose the nickname "the human victory cigar".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)