Who's been here the longest?
May 30, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #2 of 18
All the old farts have long gone. 
tongue.gif

May 31, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #3 of 18
I've been hanging around here since 2002, I think there's still a few around that we're here when I signed up.

May 31, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #4 of 18
I'm a veteran here. I joined two days ago.
LOL.
But seriously, this thread looks to me as a competition to measure and compare e-penis sizes. I hope I'm wrong.

Jun 1, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #5 of 18
I'm a veteran here. I joined two days ago.
LOL.
But seriously, this thread looks to me as a competition to measure and compare e-penis sizes. I hope I'm wrong.

That glass in your avatar - is it hanging from a ceiling light?

Jun 2, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #7 of 18
I remember when there used to be two forum sites dedicated to headphones - HeadWize and Head-Fi. (Head-Fi being the young upstart.)

Jun 2, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #8 of 18
  I remember when there used to be two forum sites dedicated to headphones - HeadWize and Head-Fi. (Head-Fi being the young upstart.)

Yes I remember reading HeadWize quite often back then.  The other site I used a lot was HeadRoom for their frequency response comparison charts.  I wonder if they still have those?

Jun 3, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #11 of 18

Btw, anyone remember the unofficial irc chatroom in 2002-2003 ?

There was an IRC chat room?

I remember going to Tyll's traveling headphone show in Chicago around that time. He drove a big-ass van around with a bunch of gear and wooden shelves for display. Doug Schneider was there from SoundStage. It was the only time I ever got to listen to the Sennheiser Orpheus and where I met Tuberoller in person. That was great...

Jun 3, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #12 of 18

I came from Headwize to Head-fi.

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #14 of 18
Joined Head-Fi on day two.

Was on HeadWize early as well.

Held my first headphone meet on The Audiophile Network...musta been '94 or so. Before the inter webs.

Used to chat with Ken Kantor and Corey Greenberg on Compuserve.

Been around a while. 

Plenty of folks joined Head-fi on day one though so I've not been here the longest.

Jun 5, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #15 of 18
I had an account here around the time the OP joined. I was in college back then, and I made something like 2 posts? Have no idea what my username was, or much else for that matter. All I remember is someone who had an avatar with a huge afro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back