Who would you recommend for remoulds - Unique Melody or InEarz (Fisher)?
Feb 2, 2011 at 12:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

tomhirvin

New Head-Fier
They both offer the same service. One in China, one in the USA. UM (china) is approx $70 bucks more than Fisher so I was wondering if that extra money goes somewhere. I have no problem shipping items to China, but if they do the same thing then I'd rather save the $70. Any thoughts - both prices I looked at include everything inc. postage back to you.

Advice please for anyone that has pulled the trigger.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #2 of 16
Got remolds done by both of them. UM does a much better job with their workmanship. I actually sold off my Fisher remolds because of refits and because they were not as aesthetically crafted as the UM remolds. I personally would pay the extra $ for a UM remold.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #3 of 16
Kozee Sound Solutions is another options...Adam is very helpful and they are priced at $90, which includes an impression kit.  They currently are remolding my TF10 and I am getting the Infinity X3...

Feb 11, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #4 of 16

Quote:
Got remolds done by both of them. UM does a much better job with their workmanship. I actually sold off my Fisher remolds because of refits and because they were not as aesthetically crafted as the UM remolds. I personally would pay the extra $ for a UM remold.

UM molds look like they came straight from UE? 

Anyone got pics of Kozee Sound Solutions shells?

Feb 12, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #6 of 16
I would go with UM, it's worth the extra money in my opinion.  Besides having nice shells they supposedly also do stuff like balance your earphones so that one side isn't louder than the other.  It may be a pain to wait an extra few weeks for shipping but even then I'd say it's definitely worth it.

Feb 12, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #7 of 16
I'm having mine done by Kozee too. The price was just too good to pass up. Adam also told me he watches for impurities and fingerprints, and measures the signature before and after each remold to get as close to the original sound as he can. I'm sure average_joe will get his before mine, but I'll post pics and impressions as soon as mine get done!

Feb 12, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #11 of 16
The first 3 are all custom earphones, not remolding options.  They should all be of the same quality but the more expensive ones have more drivers.
The last option is for custom ear tips, not a remold.  I think it's just a shell that fits on over your earphone, it doesn't seem like they'll actually take the drivers out and insert them into a new shell.
By the way, how is the impression kit that send you?  Is it easy to use?  Did you just do your own impressions or get someone to help you?

Sep 13, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Just curious, how did the Kozee reshell turn out for your TF-10's?

It turns out that Kozee takes people's money and doesn't send them anything! Never, ever, work with Kozee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back