Who will win the FIFA world cup?
Jun 15, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #76 of 495
how come I don't see north korea on the list?

Jun 15, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #77 of 495
My line up of favorites before the tourney began was:

1. USA (home country)
2. Germany (Ancestral home)
3. England (love the premier league and see the talent)

Now, after seeing some of the results its lining up like this:

1. Germany (absolutely killer squad)
2. Brazil (see above)
3. England or USA (first game wasn't the best indication, but I think the potential is there)

Cheers,
Zach

p.s. lets hope North Korea pick it up and get out of the first round.  I don't want to see any needless executions of players for failing.

Jun 16, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #79 of 495
Anyone else enjoy the Spain versus Switzerland game?  Spain are still my favorite to win, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy seeing them stutter.  Honestly, I find the Xavi lovefest that the commentators always have a bit tiresome.  And Iniesta goes down far too easily, clutching at his face.  It's not the nicest thing to see; funny that no one ever criticizes him for that.  As for Spain, I thought their game today lacked a bit in imagination.  Some longer balls every once in a while, some direct play would have helped, I think.  Sort of predictable from Spain.  I wonder why Fabregas didn't make an appearance.  He had a lot of playing time in Euros.  Curious.

Jun 16, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #80 of 495
Quote:
I tried to blow a Vuvuzela yesterday, it's quite exhausting. So even if it's annoying you have to give the south africans some credit that they can keep making that noise for 90 minutes
biggrin.gif

Hey, where'd you get one of those from? Are you in South Africa at the moment? If so good luck with your hearing :D

Jun 17, 2010 at 7:08 AM Post #81 of 495
Not in South africa.  Dutch companies have the tendency to give away orange crap during an EC or WC including a orange vuvuzela.

Good result for switzerland, Maybe it's a good wake-up call for Spain. IMO Spain waisted some good opportunity's trying to make a beautiful goal.

Jun 17, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #83 of 495

Quote:
'Shouting Korea' lost despite everyone feeling pretty confident going into it. The fans know nothing about football so they expected a tie or a win, but the players knew that it was a rough game and it certainly was. 

I was pulling for the Koreans to score again, because they were playing the Argentines hard and physical for a bit…good ball movement, too.

Jun 17, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #84 of 495
Entertaining stuff today: Argentina played well, Sani Kaita is chump of the tournament so far, and Raymond Domenech may be the worst manager in international football.

Jun 17, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #85 of 495
Man I loved North Korea defense. Communism FTW!
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #86 of 495
Anyway, as I sit in South Korea and even participated in watching the game with SK fans, I am glad Argentina won. There is nothing so heart-wrenching as watching a country who cares little about football win over a country that does. SK, as good as the BBQ is, simply doesn't give a rat's arse about football though they swear they do. 

It was fun though. But afterward, I couldn't believe what I saw. People watched this game right in front of their apartments and when the game was over, dumped all their rubbish. No one cleaned up or took stuff home. This isn't some random place in town, this is right in front of their homes! I've never seen such disrespect in a rich country before. I shouldn't have been surprised though: every station, ever place in town, ever affluent area here is the same. But come on: in front of where you live?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back