Who wants to follow my diet/excercise?
May 25, 2006 at 11:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

MuZI

Headphoneus Supremus
Lately I've been a bit bored with lifting and excercising. I'm wondering if the Head-Fi community would be interested in me making a topic here where I could post my daily routine/diet.

I know there are lifting/bodybuilding forums out there I can do this on but I'm wondering if a different audience would like to watch on, ask questions and converse about such things as I go along?

Yay or Nay?

biggrin.gif

May 26, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #5 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
I will if you'll watch my vacation videos with me.

I'm game.
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #6 of 24
I would if you would help me with a diet/excercise plan. I do need one! mabey something that I can do over summer!
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2006 at 3:42 PM Post #8 of 24
I voted Nay, lol... Because I'm too old and lazy for body building. Therefore the headphone hobby.
icon10.gif

By the way, seems like lots of body builders eat raw eggs (like in Rocky movie), I'm always wondering, isn't it unhealthy? Risk of Salmonella or something?

May 26, 2006 at 4:36 PM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
I voted Nay, lol... Because I'm too old and lazy for body building. Therefore the headphone hobby.
icon10.gif

By the way, seems like lots of body builders eat raw eggs (like in Rocky movie), I'm always wondering, isn't it unhealthy? Risk of Salmonella or something?

The raw eggs thing is a old school things. They used to do it because it was thought with cooking you would loose most of the protein. I believe recent studies show that this isn't true.

These days bodybuilders eat ALOT of egg whites thought. Anywhere from 6-12 egg whites to start the day.

Salmonella is overrated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasp3r
I would if you would help me with a diet/excercise plan. I do need one! mabey something that I can do over summer!
biggrin.gif

I sure can. As long as you understand that I'm not qualified to give out medical advice and before any diet/excercise regimen you will consult your physician. :p

May 26, 2006 at 5:28 PM Post #10 of 24
Although the vote right now is mostly for nay, I'll start out a bit to show my lifestyle.

Background: Growing up as a kid I was mostly anorexic... until I arrived in the USA. Here I discovered the wonders of Pizza Hut, McDonalds, Burger King, and Junk Food. I managed to go from anorexic to a bit obese.

Yet it seemed perfectly normal because it is socially accepted.

After Middle School it had become too much and I decided i was either going to be responsible or just lose control.

At the beginning of High School I managed to gather enough money to purchase a Treadmill and a weight rack with bar and weights. Enough for that time. As a freshman I began with 20% bf, 175lbs, 5' 7''. 50lbs Benchpress. (Worst excercise ever.)

After much experimenting with routines, diets, and much research I ended my senior year with ~203 lbs, 15% bf, 6' 2''. 290 lbs benchpress.

Although there are many more dramatic transformations, I wasn't in tune with diet perfectly. This was fixed during my freshman year of college where I realized diet is a MAJOR part of a tranformation.

The Situation: Currently I have just come off of a bulking cycle. This is where you train alot to gain mucho muscle but gain quite a bit of unwanted fat in the process.
Now it is time to cut off all that fat and show off the muscle
smily_headphones1.gif

Plan of Attack:

Diet: I will be following a CKD (cyclic ketogenic diet) as I've used it before and it's the only diet which allows me to lose fat without plateau. It's quite simple yet it works wonders.
25 meals no carbs, 26th meal is refeed.

Meal1: Coffee, Broccoli, Protein shake, Grapefruit.
Meal2-5: Broccoli, Chicken Breast, Peanut Butter.
Meal 6: Fat Free Cottage Cheese.

(Google CKD for more info)

Sleep: In Bed by 10:30pm, Up at 5:30am. Everyday. For the past 1 year.

Workout: 3 day split works best as it allows me to recover fastest.
Day 1: Chest/Back (I know, I know... never workout chest and back together.)
Day 3: Legs/Biceps
Day 5: Shoulders/ Triceps

Cardio: High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
This is a advanced form of cardio, please consult a physician before doing it!

Supplements:
Whey Protein Isolate
Sesamin Oil

Current: 192lbs @ 16%
Goal: 12% Bodyfat.

I'm not a competitive bodybuilder, I'm a 15 unit College student with priority of studies before anything else. Majoring in Gen. Biology and hopefully one day a medical student.

Any comments? Questions? Suggestions?

May 26, 2006 at 5:55 PM Post #12 of 24
sounds like you got a nice plan set up. better to exercise than to sit our lazy behinds listening to pure sound all day, all night! (possibility of being ban from this site!
580smile.gif
)

could you elaborate on this High Intensity Interval Training? i've done cardio on those cross trainers, burning 1,000 calories in an hour, 3 times a day. i'm no expert on this, so i'm wondering what HIIT is all about. thanks.

May 26, 2006 at 6:38 PM Post #13 of 24
Why not start a blog and post a link to it in your signature?

I think daily reports on what a person is eating, how he is exercising, what TV shows he's watching, how many times he takes a dump, etc. are a little over the top for a headphone forum.

May 26, 2006 at 8:05 PM Post #14 of 24
Are you counting calories as well? Just curious. Right now the fiance and I are on a 40-40-20 diet to prep for our honeymoon in August.

I'm taking in more calories than I need to gain, and she's taking a little less to get lean. I'm naturally lean and a hard-gainer..so progress has been slow, but I've put on about 5 lbs of lean mass in 6 weeks. She's lost a few pounds and is looking more toned...she's already lean to begin with, but now she wants to be lean with muscles.

Anyway, what kind of results have you had in the past with the CKD? I've been considering going to that for the last 4-6 weeks of training to get cut up after this "gaining" phase. Does it generally get you super ripped in a short amount of time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back