Who makes the smallest dock for the iPod?
Apr 1, 2006 at 3:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Todd R

Headphoneus Supremus
All of the portable docks that I've seen for the iPod (so I can use the line out feature) are at least an inch long, including the Send Station dock I have now.
I'm trying to cut down on the length as much as possible. Hasn't anyone figured out a way to make them any smaller?
If they are out there and I've missed them, please let me know.
TR

Apr 1, 2006 at 5:39 AM Post #2 of 6
Turbodock 2 is the smallest I've seen. It's still about an inch long though, but should at least be narrower than the Sendstation dock.

Reading this thread by Duncan (http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=167073) it seems that the Apple Radio Remote might be worth taking a look at if in fact it does improve sound quality even when amped. It has the smallest dock I've seen for the ipod:

IMG_1100.JPG

Apr 1, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #3 of 6
yes indeed, the apple radio remote has the smallest one i've owned. it lives happily in my camera bag and doesn't make the ipod jut out like the others do.

Apr 1, 2006 at 12:19 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
Turbodock 2 is the smallest I've seen. It's still about an inch long though, but should at least be narrower than the Sendstation dock.

Reading this thread by Duncan (http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=167073) it seems that the Apple Radio Remote might be worth taking a look at if in fact it does improve sound quality even when amped. It has the smallest dock I've seen for the ipod:

IMG_1100.JPG

Thanks,
Now this one you are showing me would be absolutely perfect if the cord came out the side. It's still shorter that what I have now, but $50? That's too much.

labrat, thanks for your input too. I have ordered a plug and will attempt to make something like yours if I can manage to solder the tiny pins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back