Who likes a challenge?
Aug 16, 2011 at 2:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jaqueh

500+ Head-Fier
If you do then please help me find some new under $100 IEMs for metal.

So just today my pl30's, which I loved since they sounded like a poor man's silver bullets, had its wires caught in my bike wheel and snapped off the wire connecting to the speakers. On top of that, just two months ago my silver bullet's left speaker cut out. I emailed gd-audiobase and had them shipped back to them, and they issued me a refund since they were out of stock of bullets. A downside from coming from both the silver bullets and the pl30s is that my preferences have changed a lot. I am now really impressed with good 3D imaging and soundstaging, warm mids, tame highs and bass, and great detail. I am now looking at the MC4's, HC5's, brainwavz m2 or m3, REZERO, and the brand new Spider international E-EAPH-0001.

Leaning towards either one of the brainwavz or Spider's. 

Aug 16, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #2 of 7
If I have to say something about what you currently have your mind on... You can pass the MC5/HF5 for 'warm' mids. RE-ZERO leans slightly to the brighter sound as well.

M3 sounds like a good option though. Personally, haven't heard the Spiders, so I can't make a comment on that.

Aug 16, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
If I have to say something about what you currently have your mind on... You can pass the MC5/HF5 for 'warm' mids. RE-ZERO leans slightly to the brighter sound as well.

M3 sounds like a good option though. Personally, haven't heard the Spiders, so I can't make a comment on that.

hmm well i dont really mind nonwarm mids just as long as they aren't recessed.

What about the nuforce ne600/700? Do they have really bad instrument separation and awful highs like in the ne-6?
Also, what about the ATH-CKM50A http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002OSWGPI/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_g23_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=04Y3N3X429RDAKZRN1H9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470939031&pf_rd_i=507846 ? 

Aug 16, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #4 of 7
It would really depend on your ears. If you came from the Silver Bullets, I'd still pass them. They might come off unnecessarily bright for you, despite the brightness is to accentuate the details.as they are marketed as one of the most accurate earphones in the world, instrumental separation is hardly the problem for these earphones.

Unfortunately, I haven't heard of any NuForce earphones either to give a comment on them.

Aug 16, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #5 of 7
hmm ok, i went with the spider international headphones, if I don't like them I'll either get an etymonic or the audio-technikas.

I'll be sure to have impressions up of these new phones whenever they do finally come, which they should quite soon.

Aug 16, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #7 of 7
yep canceling the spider real voices, i hear that they are easily muddied in complex passages.

ok so now m3, hf5, pl50, OR rezero

Users who are viewing this thread

Back