Who is "Your Band"
Jul 19, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #17 of 120
Interesting take, Flounderman.

The shrill screaming on Crawling is definitely not everyone's cup of tea. Heck, it kinda reminds me Chevelle for some odd reason. It's the lyrical poetry of the song, though, that is definitely worthwhile. For some, they interpret it as a phase of drugs and whatnot. Others interpret as a relationship in ruined by jealousy. A friend of mine thinks that it may even about one of the characters in Greek mythology (Dido, I think).

I personally was very happy with their "new direction" that started with Minutes to Midnight in '07. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, probably due to it coming at a time in my life where I'm no longer that much into angst and pain in my music.

Quote:
A Thousand Suns was their first fully mature and intelligent album as a band. They tossed aside their immature old habits and made something truly good. I'm glad they've matured past the band that made "Crawling". 

Jul 20, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #19 of 120
Ain't no secret... for me it's definitely The Cure, by a long shot. The Cure is the one and only band that has stayed with me since the late 80's while everything else I loved either broke up (Ride, Suede), faded away (Starsailor), or became irrelevant (New Order).

Jul 22, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #20 of 120
Pain of Salvation, U2 and Eagles

Jul 22, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #22 of 120
Wintersun.

it is they band which introduced me to my favorite genre today.

Jul 22, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #25 of 120
OK, I'm Older, But My group Has to be the Beatles, they changed my life.......but when you're in the 4th grade, you saw they had the future in their hands, JMO

Jul 23, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #26 of 120

Quote:
Ain't no secret... for me it's definitely The Cure, by a long shot. The Cure is the one and only band that has stayed with me since the late 80's while everything else I loved either broke up (Ride, Suede), faded away (Starsailor), or became irrelevant (New Order).

The Cure and Suede were big for me also, The Smiths also.

Jul 24, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #27 of 120
Death Cab for Cutie!

Jul 26, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #28 of 120
Tool
Smashing Pumpkins
Pearl Jam

I have loved all 3 of these bands since the mid-nineties, and continue to purchase everything they put out.  Have to be honest, though - Tool is the only one that has never let me down.

Jul 26, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #30 of 120

Quote:
Tool
Smashing Pumpkins
Pearl Jam

I have loved all 3 of these bands since the mid-nineties, and continue to purchase everything they put out.  Have to be honest, though - Tool is the only one that has never let me down.

i agree, tool is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back