Who is getting the Head-fi special Corda Headfive?
Mar 30, 2006 at 2:24 PM Post #2 of 61
i soooo wanna get one..

i am debating whether to get this or just save up a bit more and get the Gilmore lite.. (but if i do go with the glite, i'll need to spend even more to get the dps to get it to work at 230v). wondering how this new corda sounds compared to the current amps in the market.

wish it was in a sleeker enclosure like the glite.

Mar 30, 2006 at 3:20 PM Post #3 of 61
If the Aria is anything to go by, this will be another 'great' amp for the money!
icon10.gif

Mar 30, 2006 at 3:46 PM Post #5 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roasty
i soooo wanna get one..

i am debating whether to get this or just save up a bit more and get the Gilmore lite.. (but if i do go with the glite, i'll need to spend even more to get the dps to get it to work at 230v). wondering how this new corda sounds compared to the current amps in the market.

hey! a fellow s'porean!
icon10.gif

lol i'm in a similar dilemma now.. deciding between this and the GLite.. btw the GLite can be used with a step down transformer for our local 240v.. i know of at least one s'porean head-fier doing that

Mar 30, 2006 at 4:00 PM Post #6 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by losconquistador
hey! a fellow s'porean!
icon10.gif

lol i'm in a similar dilemma now.. deciding between this and the GLite.. btw the GLite can be used with a step down transformer for our local 240v.. i know of at least one s'porean head-fier doing that

dang...I just blew my progress package+++ on a SM3v6...

Mar 30, 2006 at 6:04 PM Post #8 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roasty
i soooo wanna get one..

Jan said the pictures were just prototypes and that the "production" model will be "more elegant".

Just sent an email to reserve one myself. Seems like a killer price for a killer amp and 10% goes to Head-Fi. Who could ask for more? (Okay, so a Head-Fi addict could, but let's not quibble.)
icon10.gif

Mar 30, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #10 of 61
funny, ha ha
My path is as follows: sell my HAI MKII now to get the zhaolu/upgraded> then save the money to buy the headFive.... such a sad path...i feel like an SR225 buyer right after the HF-1 came out.
hopefully loosing all this money on the HAI MKII will be worth it...i wouldn't be happy if i find just a tiny degree of improvement.

Mar 30, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #12 of 61
Tempted but I have a GS-1 coming. Looks to be a great deal though.

Mar 30, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #13 of 61
Likely ordering one. This may be the final push I need to put a killer office system together at last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back