Who Has A Blackberry?
Nov 18, 2008 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 143

ZepFloyd

500+ Head-Fier
I just recently got the bold, which is my first BB. I know there has to be some other BB users out there. Was wondering if you wanted to exchange pins for bbm. Looking for some people to add to my list.

Nov 21, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 143
i'm rocking the Pearl 8130. SureType is a little annoying, but you can't beat it for size and weight.

I was contemplating a Storm, but the lousy reviews have given me pause.

Nov 21, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #3 of 143
I have an 8830. Might upgrade to a Storm soon, but need to try one out first.

Nov 21, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #4 of 143
Yar, I have a Verizon Curve (8830), and although I have considered "upgrading" to the Storm for a fee, the general consensus from the reviews is that RIM indeed made a bold start (see what I did thar?) into the touchscreen world, and still needs to iron quite a few things out. It's like close, but no horseshoe.
wink.gif

Nov 21, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #5 of 143
I have an 8830, that, for better or worse, feels like it has become as necessary as a critical organ. In addition to its use as a phone/e-mail/messaging/e-book reader/browsing machine, it is also my wireless modem, tethered to my laptop for go-anywhere access.

That Storm looks compelling to me, as does the latest iPhone (the latter especially because I switched to Mac recently). One of my closest friends keeps both a BlackBerry Curve and an iPhone, as he couldn't give up the BlackBerry's keyboard. Another friend recently dumped his BlackBerry for the iPhone, and misses the keyboard big-time (but, like the other guy, loves many a thing about the iPhone).

These are interesting times to be buying mobile phones.

Nov 21, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #6 of 143
I have a 8330 and was thinking of getting a Storm but after reading the lukewarm reviews about it I think I might wait a little longer to see if they iron out the kinks in the software first.

Nov 22, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #7 of 143
In fact, the Storm has been fairly disappointing in the UK. Apparently the second batch is a bit better though. The new firmware should be out very soon. Then again, didn't the iPhone have its own share of glitches when it first came out?

Nov 22, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #8 of 143
gotta say bb's are addicting. so much you can do with them. i really think the bold is geared towards casual phone users too. i'm pretty sure i havent discovered about half the stuff this bold can do. i prob should look into some kind of guide/manual to make sure i can get the most out of this bad boy

Nov 24, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #10 of 143
Can anyone one tell me why bb are so special? i want a bold but after playing with one i felt underwhelmed, my ATT Tilt can do so many things, so many apps, roms, ect...What does BB do thats better?

Nov 24, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #13 of 143
i just got a BB Bold as well. I had been an iPhone user for about 1.5 years but decided to switch. After some initial headaches with setup, the BB is far better than the iPhone imho for email and task scheduling.

EDIT: I just hate the redirector!

Nov 26, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #14 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yar, I have a Verizon Curve (8830), and although I have considered "upgrading" to the Storm for a fee, the general consensus from the reviews is that RIM indeed made a bold start (see what I did thar?) into the touchscreen world, and still needs to iron quite a few things out. It's like close, but no horseshoe.
wink.gif

The Curve and the 8830 are quite different. Which do you have?

I've been considering the Storm, but what I've been hearing lately is making me leery of it. Will need to take it for a test drive before I take the plunge.

Nov 26, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #15 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been considering the Storm, but what I've been hearing lately is making me leery of it. Will need to take it for a test drive before I take the plunge.

I've been keeping a very close eye on the official Blackberry & Vodafone UK support forums for the Storm. It seems like there is still no end to the various problems. Some of them, I imagine, are downright annoying (eg spontaneous rebooting, poor reception - > poor battery life, slow 5s camera AF) and others much less so... Still, I reckon we should be patient and wait for mk2, or at least a brand new firmware to iron out the massive potholes. By then, there will be a third generation iPhone though ...
angry_face.gif
... and a whole new ballgame.
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back