Who else pre-ordered the Project Ember from Garage 1217?
Mar 2, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #4 of 44
I emailed Jeremy yesterday and He said it looks like the week of the 11th is the starting ship date. He's been in the process of moving offices so that might be the reason why the site hasn't been updated. If you need any info, contact him through his site. He should respond in a day or so.

Mar 17, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #6 of 44
Looks like the Ember was delayed a few days ago sadly. I'm interested to see your impressions on it though when they start shipping. 

I'm considering getting the Sunrise or Starlight soon for my HE400. Having no real amp with it kind of sucks... 
frown.gif

Mar 17, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #7 of 44
Quote:
I see...  I will just wait for details to be posted and then decide if it interests me.  How much do you know about it?

All I know is that it can deliver over 5w at 32 ohms, from contacting Jeremy in January. Another member heard that it will deliver 4w at 50 ohms. I'm interested to see if it could drive HE-6s well, as it seems pretty powerful and because I'm looking to upgrade to it in the future. The cost is said to be $350 for a built amplifier + shipping

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #9 of 44
I talked to Jeremy about a week or so ago. After the snag, I was given an ETA of about two weeks, implying that they are thinking of shipping towards the end of this month. The 4W into 50 Ohms looks promising, and going by the praise they got for Sunrise II, this should be pretty good.

Not sure if I should stay on board, or go for the Burson Soloist. I just sold my Intruder and am currently ampless :frowning2:

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #11 of 44
I talked to Jeremy about a week or so ago. After the snag, I was given an ETA of about two weeks, implying that they are thinking of shipping towards the end of this month. The 4W into 50 Ohms looks promising, and going by the praise they got for Sunrise II, this should be pretty good.

Not sure if I should stay on board, or go for the Burson Soloist. I just sold my Intruder and am currently ampless :frowning2:

Man, I soooooo wanted your intruder. Did you use it in the balanced configuration? What did you think about it?

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #12 of 44
Man, I soooooo wanted your intruder. Did you use it in the balanced configuration? What did you think about it?

Sorry :D... the Intruder was asked for within an hour of posting and paid for the next day. Just shipped it out today, actually. It's an awesome little amp with desktop like power...drove my HE-500s very efficiently. The single end is good, but the real magic lies in the balanced mode. Dynamics take a whole new level and you "feel" the music. The dac portion could have been a little better, perhaps. I just received my new Dacport lx and it seems to have more detail in the sound, although I can't tell for sure. In single ended mode, I was on high gain for the HE-500 and the LCD2 at about 2-3 O' clock, but in balanced, medium gain was fine at about 1-ish.

Regarding Ember, it would be nice to have first impressions soon as I don't wanna go without my music for much longer. Seems like everything I have preordered is getting delayed...first the hifi-m8, now Ember. Gah!

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #13 of 44
I am almost done building the Project STARLIGHT kit, serial number 00001. What separates this new one from the rest is that the output FETs are replaced by opamps. There are four per channel, while not delivering the power of the Ember, it can deliver 400 milliwatts into 32 ohms. With Grados, that means a perforated ear drum.

But the main feature of the Starlight is that you can roll both tubes and opamps. Do the math and you see the possibilities. I have four sets to test and several tubes.

I hope to post a thread this weekend.

I have inside info regarding the delayed release as this happened to the Starlight also. The bottom line is QUALITY and RELIABILITY. Best to deliver a better unit later; it will be worth the wait as I discovered.

Cheers!

Mar 28, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #14 of 44
Quote:
I am almost done building the Project STARLIGHT kit, serial number 00001. What separates this new one from the rest is that the output FETs are replaced by opamps. There are four per channel, while not delivering the power of the Ember, it can deliver 400 milliwatts into 32 ohms. With Grados, that means a perforated ear drum.

But the main feature of the Starlight is that you can roll both tubes and opamps. Do the math and you see the possibilities. I have four sets to test and several tubes.

I hope to post a thread this weekend.

I have inside info regarding the delayed release as this happened to the Starlight also. The bottom line is QUALITY and RELIABILITY. Best to deliver a better unit later; it will be worth the wait as I discovered.

Cheers!

GREAT ! i'm very curious about the starlight, it should be the perfect amp for Grados and low impedance AKG (K601, K701/2, Q701, etc..), the ability to roll BOTH opamps and tubes is a killer feature !

I'm impatient to see the pictures and to read your first impressions. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back