Who else is stoked for F1 this year?!?
Mar 13, 2006 at 1:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

daycart1

Ceremonial old guy, bifocals and all.All the philosophy he can muster can't solve the mysterious double-post.
The season opened today in Bahrain. A very tight race between Alonso and Big Schuey, with Alonso taking the lead for good on the last pit stop.

Raikonnen worked his way from the back of the grid up to third.

Some of the cars have V8s this year and they are back to changing tires in the pits--this is supposed to benefit the Bridgestones which sucked last year.

Mar 13, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #2 of 26
I think this season has a lot of promise. There's so much more competition now than there has been for years, and I think Bahrain demonstrated that very well.

Also, I get to go see the Canadian GP, so yeah, I'm really stoked for this season!

Mar 13, 2006 at 3:49 AM Post #3 of 26
I am looking forward to it. I am going to the USGP. It will be my third or fourth trip.

I am so glad they changed the tire rule thing. In my opinion that rule cost Raikonnen the Championship.

Go McLaren-Mercedes!

Mar 13, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #4 of 26
I thought the race was fabulous, sure made my day. The new Hondas looked pretty promising, but the new McLarens, wow! Stunning run for Kimi from the back of the pack, and a solid effort from Montoya the enigma. Those cars look simply amazing in that chrome-like finish. This season should be a blast, with it seems 4 teams all competing to be king of the hill.

Mar 13, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #5 of 26
I'd love to watch F1. But I don't have SPEED. :\

So, it's just NASCAR until then.

There was an A1 Grand Prix race on OLN today though. I didn't get around to watching just a few minutes of it...... though.

Mar 13, 2006 at 6:15 AM Post #7 of 26
thanks to finally having sat TV and Speed, I'll get to watch my 1st season of F1...and saw most of today's race. I'm an F1 newb, but a buddy was here to explain the finer points
wink.gif
great stuff.

Mar 13, 2006 at 7:28 AM Post #8 of 26
F1 is always fun to watch but it's still pretty disappointing that there isn't any wheel to wheel racing or passing in the corners due to the crazy downforce and braking. makes for slightly boring racing but still, it's amazing how fast they go through the race track.

otoh, i love watching FIA rally racing. those guys must have cajones the size of bowling balls to go through the tiny trails at the speeds that they do.

Mar 13, 2006 at 12:09 PM Post #11 of 26
zancxia said:
I'd love to watch F1. But I don't have SPEED. :\/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you. The only thing I can do is sit here and wait for the race to be posted on the Formula1 site to see who won and read about what happened...

I'm glad that more teams have gotten up to par with the Ferrari and McLaren cars, cause it wasn't that exciting a few years back when they were completely dominating the field and wiping the track down with the other cars after the race.

Mar 13, 2006 at 5:04 PM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtr3me
Damn, I really thought Kimi was gonna start off well in the season ... Oh well, there are a lot more races to come.

Go Kimi/McLaren!!

He did do well, 3rd isn't bad from the back of the grid; it's not his fault if the Mercedes still keeps on falling apart in practice/qualifying/race. I'm with you though, go Kimi!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back