who else hates ipods?
Dec 6, 2006 at 6:56 PM Post #121 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceconvoy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A man's home is his castle, his dog his best friend, and of course, clothes make the man. All those things are important, but an iPod is not. I can't speak for everyone, but personally I'm fed up with advertisers trying to make every single damn thing, from your cell phone to your pepper grinder (pure crystal with a ceramic grinding mechanism filled with a 7-peppercorn blend) into some sort of idiotic fashion statement.

I agree with you, but the mass market only caters towards what mass consumers want and not for a of group disgruntled audio enthusiasts
plainface.gif

Dec 6, 2006 at 8:26 PM Post #123 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacene /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate iPods

I haven't spoken to one in years, and never invite them to any of my parties

Racist.

tongue.gif

Dec 7, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #124 of 155
i h8 eyePodz 2! they sux sooo much! any1 with an iPOd sux and is unkool... it is kool to hate ipod. yeh, & that is why eye wear the nike shoes, bluu jeenz and t-shirtsszes, this ma(ss) market is so chad, design sux. rawk on! btw, my kar is called the iPod-HatR.. yeh!

Dec 7, 2006 at 9:40 AM Post #125 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by rextrade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Racist.

tongue.gif

He's racist against Whites and Blacks

the guy must be Asian.

Dec 12, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #127 of 155
This thread reminds me of a Ramones tune...

I don't like politics
I don't like communists
I don't like games and fun
I don't like anyone
And I'm against...
I don't like Jesus freaks
I don't like circus geeks
I don't like summer and spring
I don't like anything
I don't like sex and drugs
I don't like waterbugs
I don't care about poverty
All I care about is me
And I'm against...
I don't like playing ping pong
I don't like the Viet Cong
I don't like Burger King
I don't like anything

(and btw, I don't like iPods either)

Dec 12, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #129 of 155
I just don't like Apple and their bullcrap advertising and slandering of other companies. Yeah, Microsoft isn't doing that great of a job, but Jobs doesn't have to go insulting it in commercials and advertisements. Their products are good, but their fanatical fanbase insists too much that everyone should convert to their product. Just leave the rest of the world be. Also, I think a lot of people just default to iPods when searching for a DAP, but when I searched, there are lots of players that offer a lot more than iPods. Personally I think I'll switch to an iAudio 60gb player once this iPod I got for free finally goes belly up.

Dec 12, 2006 at 3:16 AM Post #130 of 155
Schalldämpfer says:
Quote:

I just don't like Apple and their bullcrap advertising and slandering of other companies. Yeah, Microsoft isn't doing that great of a job, but Jobs doesn't have to go insulting it in commercials and advertisements.

I am a big fan of Apple, but could not agree with you more. Too many Apple owners are smug little sh** in need of a slap in the face. The worst are employed at the Apple Stores - God Awful People!

Everyone likes the MicroSoft guy except Apple people.

Dec 12, 2006 at 4:03 AM Post #132 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if I'm going to stereotype I suspect the percent of iPod owners are higher for BMW users than the general public, but I don't see how adding iPod functionality or "iPod power" harmed non-iPod users here.

The issue may very well be how this situation has harmed non-iPod users. I have spent some time (actually way too much time) on this situation of why only iPod integration and not Creative, Zune, etc. All the integration manufacturers I have spoken with tell me they supply iPod-only integration for two reasons. The first is that there are so many more iPods out there that it makes sense to produce a product for the greatest mass of customer base. And, it is hard to argue with this point. But, the second is that they have exclusive agreements with iPod to produce this integration. Apple came to them and offered them an exclusive arrangement if they would restrict themselves to iPod-only integration. So, Apple has identified integration with stock Factory vehicle stereos as a major market. Can't blame them. The market is out there. And, all of their competitors missed this. But, as a consumer, if I want to include my MP3 player as an integral part of my stock Factory vehicle stereo, and be able to operate it through my steering wheel controls, well, my only choice is an iPod. If I want to maximize my MP3 player enjoyment, I have to buy an iPod. Not because it is better than its competitors, and not because it is the best available product, but, and only, because Apple's marketing geniuses once again identified a market that no one else identified and locked everyone else out of.

Dec 12, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #133 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceconvoy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, iPods suck! You know what else sucks? Pants! Wherever I go, I see all the sheeple wearing pants, trying to be cool just like everyone else. But I'm even cooler because I don't wear pants! Haw haw!!~!

By far, this is awesome, one of the top5 posts on this thread... LMAO!!!!!

Dec 12, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #134 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmkozak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The issue may very well be how this situation has harmed non-iPod users. I have spent some time (actually way too much time) on this situation of why only iPod integration and not Creative, Zune, etc. All the integration manufacturers I have spoken with tell me they supply iPod-only integration for two reasons. The first is that there are so many more iPods out there that it makes sense to produce a product for the greatest mass of customer base. And, it is hard to argue with this point. But, the second is that they have exclusive agreements with iPod to produce this integration. Apple came to them and offered them an exclusive arrangement if they would restrict themselves to iPod-only integration. So, Apple has identified integration with stock Factory vehicle stereos as a major market. Can't blame them. The market is out there. And, all of their competitors missed this. But, as a consumer, if I want to include my MP3 player as an integral part of my stock Factory vehicle stereo, and be able to operate it through my steering wheel controls, well, my only choice is an iPod. If I want to maximize my MP3 player enjoyment, I have to buy an iPod. Not because it is better than its competitors, and not because it is the best available product, but, and only, because Apple's marketing geniuses once again identified a market that no one else identified and locked everyone else out of.

Well said. Marketing is Apple's forte, and it does hurt the competitors a lot. The minorities using other PMPs are hurting, but there isn't much one can do other than to pray that the companies pick up their acts and put something on the market that can stand up against the iPod. There are without a doubt lots of better players; they're just obscured by Apple's marketing and the mass's blindly going for it. Don't get me wrong, iPod is a good player, but it so obscures other players, that people usually don't know of other choices.

Dec 12, 2006 at 8:34 AM Post #135 of 155
dmkozak says:
Quote:

Not because it is better than its competitors, and not because it is the best available product, but, and only, because Apple's marketing geniuses once again identified a market that no one else identified and locked everyone else out of.

Let's see, Apple identifies what the customer wants and provides the service. Now, its Apple's fault that they don't share the market they created with Creative, Zune, Cowon, et al.

This is the logic I would expect from a 10 years old.

Schalldämpfer says:
Quote:

Well said. Marketing is Apple's forte, and it does hurt the competitors a lot.

More baby talk.

Schalldämpfer says:
Quote:

There are without a doubt lots of better players; they're just obscured by Apple's marketing and the mass's blindly going for it.

Name these "lots of better players". Read the reviews. The iPod is at or near the top on every review site. Sorry, those are the facts.

Line-out to an amp, my iPods sound as goods as any dap on the market. I think iTunes is the best music browser in the market. Lastly, any accessory for a dap is first made for the iPod.

Best sound, best browser and most accessories - It is much more than "Marketing".

Don't let your hatred get in the way of the facts.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back