Who else feels like the Sennheiser HD598s are unwearable?
Jan 9, 2012 at 1:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

knwtmsyn

New Head-Fier
I've had these things for 3 weeks now and other than the sound quality being no less than superb, the headphones themselves are terribly uncomfortable. The clamping force on them does not let up or break in, VERY uncomfortable on my temples, I feel a headache forming as soon as they're on my head, it also doesn't help that the ear cups are hard styrofoam that isn't cut very well. I literally adjust them every 5 minutes, I CAN'T FIND A GOOD FIT AND IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE!!! I'm returning them today, does anyone have a suggestion for replacements? I was thinking something along the lines of Denon D5000's or something similar. I would get the HD650's but I don't trust Sennheisers faculties for design anymore, these aren't the only headphones by them I've been disappointed after wearing. This is like torture, great sounding headphones that are too painful to enjoy! ;(​
 ​
I know there are other threads about this issue but I want others input. Anyone who is considering these, the reviews saying they are comfortable are lying!​
 ​

Jan 9, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #3 of 23
i don't know, maybe they revised them or something, but they are supremely uncomfortable. I literally cannot wear them. I am sooooo disappointed as I read and read about these and wanted them for a long time. I'll never buy Sennheiser again.
 ​

Jan 9, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #4 of 23
I found them to be fairly comfortable even with their clamping force. Did you try stretching them out by placing them over some books, a box, or something like that? 

Jan 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #7 of 23
Sorry to inform you but it's you, not the headphones. Your head may be too large for them. I have tried all of that series and they are nothing but completely comfortable. I have wore my old 595's for over 8 hours before while at a gaming LAN party with no fatigue whatsoever.

Jan 9, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #10 of 23
Anyone noticing a trend?

I believe this is the 4th recent thread about the 598's being uncomfortable.

I'm gonna bet AKG fanboys started these.
tongue.gif

Jan 9, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #11 of 23
I have an old 555 that's loosened up and it's super comfortable. I previously owned the 558 and it had a clamping force that caused slight discomfort, but I didn't whine about it. Instead I placed my headphones on my desktop tower overnight and from the next day it loosened up.

Jan 9, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #12 of 23
When i used headphones on the Sennheiser line i feel like there's nothing on my head. They are lightweight and comfortable. 

Definitely something wrong with you op, or maybe there's a new generation with more clamp force? 

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #13 of 23

Quote:
Sorry to inform you but it's you, not the headphones. Your head may be too large for them. I have tried all of that series and they are nothing but completely comfortable. I have wore my old 595's for over 8 hours before while at a gaming LAN party with no fatigue whatsoever.

Yeah you're probably right, I do have a large noggin. The clamping force is strong but they have no friction on your head and do feel loose. 

Jan 10, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #15 of 23
I a bit surprised that clamping is the main issue here... I've heard more people complain about the bumps inside the cups themselves.  Personally... I've found these headphones to be insanely comfie... More so than than pillows that Sony calls the XB700s. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back