Who do you think is the Craziest Rock Star of all?
May 21, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #32 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjumper78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no marilyn manson? apperance-wise at least...
or should he be in the "scary" category?

Although I voted for my Lord and Savior, the immortal Ozzy Osbourne himself, I will say add Marilyn Manson in the poll (is it too late to add him?).

May 22, 2008 at 12:54 PM Post #33 of 47
GG Allinn
biggrin.gif

May 22, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #34 of 47
Joe Walsh , in the hotel....with a chain saw!!!

Maybe tame by todays standards but rumor was he was banned by Holiday Inn and several other lodgings for his antics

After reading the GG Allin wiki post, I've got to agree he's the most conflicted and deranged

May 22, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #36 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_d_m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Na, just pathetic. I'm sorry to all you Ozzy fans, but since his reality show, I no longer see Ozzy as "The Prince of Darkness". More like the "Prince of Dorkness".

haha, no doubt!

He had his time but now he's just a pathetic old washed-up has-been and should have hung it up long ago!

At least he didn't start cranking out smooth jazz
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #37 of 47
I went for Keith Moon, as he was a nutter, but of the others, I would go for Ozzy or Syd, as they are definately clinically mad...

May 28, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #39 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another music god who was absolutely nuttier than a fruit cake, but i think his mind was set on a different frequency to the rest of the human race - Frank Zappa

X2 - crazy like a fox

May 28, 2008 at 2:26 PM Post #40 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjumper78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no marilyn manson? apperance-wise at least...
or should he be in the "scary" category?

Neither. He should be in the "cynical, manipulative poseur who is laughing all the way to the bank," category. He is clearly Alice Cooper 2.0, and like Cooper, one day he will be the happily retired host of a celebrity golf tournament.

At least Cooper made some great music.

The only answer to this poll is GG Allin. He actually had some value in that he demonstrated that every single other punk/metal "freak" is a fake. His sordid life reveals every other punk to be essentially a middle class kid playing dressup.

Edit: Just to clarify, I am a longtime fan of both punk and metal. But I have long since grown tired of the "I'm bad, I'm so bad..." thing. It's boring.

May 28, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #41 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmicmoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everyone who doesn't vote for GG Allin should probably Wikipedia him. I'm not sure anyone else can come close.

DING, we have a winner.

GG Allin makes (made) the other people on that list look completely tame by comparison. There is no contest here folks - trust me on this one.

May 28, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #42 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. Keith Moon
2. Keith Moon
3. Keith Moon

No one else even comes close!

If Keith Moon and GG Allin were both alive today, Keith Moon would proclaim without hesitation that GG Allin was totally frickin' bats**t.

The whole Mayhem debacle would be a close second to GG Allin IMO, although the eating the brains with a stew thing turned out to be B.S. And a lot of the controversy surrounding Mayhem was created by internet rumors. Still a bunch of very disturbed individuals.

May 28, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #43 of 47
Once i've never heard of Keith Moon or GG Allin, my vote goes to Ozzy. I'm a huge fan of him as a person of of his music of course ...
biggrin.gif

Although, from the description those 2 other seems to be pretty sick indeed !!!!!!

May 28, 2008 at 4:07 PM Post #44 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DING, we have a winner.

GG Allin makes (made) the other people on that list look completely tame by comparison. There is no contest here folks - trust me on this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If Keith Moon and GG Allin were both alive today, Keith Moon would proclaim without hesitation that GG Allin was totally frickin' bats**t.

My feelings exactly. There is a big difference is between someone who is trying as hard as he can to appear crazy, and someone who is severely, dangerously ill. Aside from the onstage insanity and the perverse lyrics, Allin did time in prison for abducting and torturing a young woman.

As for Syd Barrett, yeah, he was mentally ill, but he was a danger only to himself, from what I could see.

May 28, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #45 of 47
Ditto with TimJo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back