Who’s this guy? What a way to review headphones?
Oct 9, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #16 of 33
His latest video is called "DT990 Destroys Hd800S". I think he's absolutely right! If you bang those headphones together a number of times I do think, that DT990 will probably win. As a Hd800S owner I shall however refrain from trying! He seems to be completely clueless; we can only hope, that nobody takes him seriously.

Oct 9, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #18 of 33
His apartment looks like we should be collecting canned goods for him for thanksgiving.

Only if he hasn't already shot himself by playing russian roulette with his finger.

I'd say his finger is an easy 40cal

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #19 of 33
Edit

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #20 of 33
OMG this guy used to review microphones the same way. He just looks at the FR response graphs and talks about them like he's actually heard what they sound like. Unfortunately, given how many videos he makes I don't think he's trolling. And I don't like bashing people who are trying their best to make good content but DUDE you can't just crap on gear you've never tried before and pretend to know everything there is to know about audio gear.

He has the ONLY PERFECTED gear review channel and the Beyer DT990s are the best headphones in the world. :dt880smile:

Well his videos are well known (and are memed hard for a while now)

Now think about the endless number of people passing on recommendations on dacs and amps they have never tried just by looking at ASR squiggles. 😆

Nov 18, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #21 of 33
To each his own. I've seen far worse from people reviewing equipment they have heard and own. How is this any different than meaningless jargon and fluff words used to describe sound and HPs on this forum, which is like 90% of the posts? There are tons of good info on this forum too, but this kind of behavior degrades its reputation.

Anyways, what's up with the personal attacks? Post pictures of yourself or your place here. I'm sure we can all say a few things negative about them. Show some respect.

Nov 18, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #22 of 33
To each his own. I've seen far worse from people reviewing equipment they have heard and own. How is this any different than meaningless jargon and fluff words used to describe sound and HPs on this forum, which is like 90% of the posts? There are tons of good info on this forum too, but this kind of behavior degrades its reputation.

Anyways, what's up with the personal attacks? Post pictures of yourself or your place here. I'm sure we can all say a few things negative about them. Show some respect.

Having an opinion of a product you own and use, or have experienced is different from passing remarks on things you have never tried. Fluff words or not, it's their "experience" and headfi gives people the freedom to describe the experience, whether or not it relates to another person is relating to each person's experience.

Nov 19, 2020 at 12:38 AM Post #25 of 33
Having an opinion of a product you own and use, or have experienced is different from passing remarks on things you have never tried. Fluff words or not, it's their "experience" and headfi gives people the freedom to describe the experience, whether or not it relates to another person is relating to each person's experience.

"Owning" a product and overhyping it to justify one's purchase or reviewers with free or sponsored products sharing their biased "experience" is far worse than some random guy with his opinion/analysis based on graphs.

Like I said, to each his own. Whether you agree or disagree with his approach is a personal matter, but no need for personal attacks or call it wrong when there's nothing objective about this hobby to begin with.

Nov 19, 2020 at 4:15 AM Post #26 of 33
"Owning" a product and overhyping it to justify one's purchase or reviewers with free or sponsored products sharing their biased "experience" is far worse than some random guy with his opinion/analysis based on graphs.

Like I said, to each his own. Whether you agree or disagree with his approach is a personal matter, but no need for personal attacks or call it wrong when there's nothing objective about this hobby to begin with.

I don't think everyone giving a positive review to something is trying to "justify their purchase". It just means they enjoy the product and want to share their experience with others. Maybe some hyperbole, some don't. Some have better points of reference, some don't. But more often than not, they genuinely share their thoughts of the product and I've seen many people describe pitfalls of the product. It is not in any way worse than or even wrong enough to compare to someone passing remarks on something they have never tried before, just because of a particular preconceived notion they have.

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #27 of 33
I don't think everyone giving a positive review to something is trying to "justify their purchase". It just means they enjoy the product and want to share their experience with others. Maybe some hyperbole, some don't. Some have better points of reference, some don't. But more often than not, they genuinely share their thoughts of the product and I've seen many people describe pitfalls of the product. It is not in any way worse than or even wrong enough to compare to someone passing remarks on something they have never tried before, just because of a particular preconceived notion they have.

I never said everyone. I was just giving you an example that owning doesn't always mean the shared experience is genuine. Anyways, I'm not gonna further waste my time going back and forth on this. My point was don't bash on someone just because they have an opinion about something. Creating a thread just to criticize and attack someone's approach to an hobby is immature. At one point or another, I'm sure you've all made comments or dropped your two cents on products you do not own. Anyways, I'm out.

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #28 of 33
Creating a thread just to criticize and attack someone's approach to an hobby is immature
I never posted an attack, I just wanted to discuss this peculiar way to review. I'm not attacking the messenger, I'm reviewing the message.

Nov 19, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #29 of 33
Well his videos are well known (and are memed hard for a while now)

Now think about the endless number of people passing on recommendations on dacs and amps they have never tried just by looking at ASR squiggles. 😆

Where are the memes?

Nov 19, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #30 of 33
I just wanted to discuss this peculiar way to review. I'm not attacking the messenger, I'm reviewing the message.

You reviewed the review and someone else reviewed your review of the review!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back