Who’s this guy? What a way to review headphones?
Oct 5, 2020 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

KeithPhantom

100+ Head-Fier
This guy literally reviews headphones he’s never listened based on FR graphs, like they’re perfect and can tell you an absolute truth. This is when we can’t agree upon the method and the standard to follow when measure headphones.
He also regards the DT990 as “perfect” in one of his videos, but regarding the HD 6X0 line as “treble peaky” and “uneven” (I agree in the bass department though). In a few words, he thinks elevated treble, regardless of it being elevated, is better when the whole area has energy than when you have peaks, not considering that peaks or dips may be considered as “house sound” or “taste”. I’m leaving the link to his channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/IndustryDestroyer

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #2 of 33
Thats like reviewing hookers just with a photo.. maybe they suck maybe they dont.. pun intended... graphs are like a picture of sound.. as good for a review like describing a picture with music :wink:

Oct 6, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #5 of 33
This guy literally reviews headphones he’s never listened based on FR graphs, like they’re perfect and can tell you an absolute truth.

Admittedly, there are reviewers who do listen to the headphones and don't do much better.

Oct 6, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #7 of 33
Hey, he's trying his best and everyone starts somewhere. Probably a head'fier as well...

I don't know where I'm going with this, was going to try and be encouraging until I just saw one of his videos. Ummmmm.

Carry on...

Oct 6, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #8 of 33
My favorite Head-Fi youtube reviewer was that guy in the Netherlands who always spoke in a whisper and he had all kinds of outlandishly expensive equipment propped up on plant pots wrapped in tin foil.

Oct 7, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #9 of 33
OMG this guy used to review microphones the same way. He just looks at the FR response graphs and talks about them like he's actually heard what they sound like. Unfortunately, given how many videos he makes I don't think he's trolling. And I don't like bashing people who are trying their best to make good content but DUDE you can't just crap on gear you've never tried before and pretend to know everything there is to know about audio gear.

He has the ONLY PERFECTED gear review channel and the Beyer DT990s are the best headphones in the world. :dt880smile:

Oct 7, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #10 of 33
OMG this guy used to review microphones the same way. He just looks at the FR response graphs and talks about them like he's actually heard what they sound like. Unfortunately, given how many videos he makes I don't think he's trolling. And I don't like bashing people who are trying their best to make good content but DUDE you can't just crap on gear you've never tried before and pretend to know everything there is to know about audio gear.

He has the ONLY PERFECTED gear review channel and the Beyer DT990s are the best headphones in the world. :dt880smile:

That’s funny. I tried them and almost wanted to rip them off my head. They are everything but perfect.

Oct 7, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #11 of 33
Welcome to youtube. It's about image, not content.

Oct 7, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #12 of 33

Bro, seriously, that has to be the most hypocritical thing I’ve ever heard. The guy who doesn’t know how to properly read and assess measurements is trying to school people into “learning how to read FR measurements”. At this point, this is a joke.

Oct 8, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #13 of 33
I had a similar bachelor pad around 2010 :grimacing: :thinking:

Oct 8, 2020 at 6:27 AM Post #14 of 33
Edit:

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #15 of 33
His apartment looks like we should be collecting canned goods for him for thanksgiving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back