Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi
Jun 30, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #1,036 of 1,408
the glenury ghost is by far my favourite blue so far. It adds a bit of that dal more king edward 3 style but with that blue everything goes down easy.

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #1,037 of 1,408
I find that it's the casual whisky drinkers that gravitate toward the Blue in my collection, as it's something they've seen and heard about.
I always try to steer them to other options they might like more, but at least 50% go for JWB. Oh well, it's actually cheaper (a lot) than some of what they could ask for.

Green or Gold over Blue for me, even if I'm not paying. And if you want to try something interesting, try putting a little fresh coconut water as a cutter in JW Black instead of water. Learned that one in Trinidad and while it sounds odd, it really is good.

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #1,038 of 1,408
Blue and king Edward 3 are my two go to. I’ll slumb it for black if it’s free:wink:

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #1,039 of 1,408
I find that it's the casual whisky drinkers that gravitate toward the Blue in my collection, as it's something they've seen and heard about.
I always try to steer them to other options they might like more, but at least 50% go for JWB. Oh well, it's actually cheaper (a lot) than some of what they could ask for.

Green or Gold over Blue for me, even if I'm not paying. And if you want to try something interesting, try putting a little fresh coconut water as a cutter in JW Black instead of water. Learned that one in Trinidad and while it sounds odd, it really is good.

I will def try this. I generally make Maime Taylor's, Blood in Sand's, Smokin' Coke's, or Scotch-Vermouth-Tonic's. Always looking for new concoctions.

Jul 1, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #1,040 of 1,408
I will def try this. I generally make Maime Taylor's, Blood in Sand's, Smokin' Coke's, or Scotch-Vermouth-Tonic's. Always looking for new concoctions.

Hope you enjoy! Make sure to use real coconut water, not sweetened and definitely not coconut milk.

Pretty decent coconut water w/o any additives is available most places with the surge in using coconut water as a natural high electrolyte drink.

Jul 2, 2020 at 5:45 AM Post #1,041 of 1,408
Hope you enjoy! Make sure to use real coconut water, not sweetened and definitely not coconut milk.

Pretty decent coconut water w/o any additives is available most places with the surge in using coconut water as a natural high electrolyte drink.

I usually keep a can or two on hand. I like it for hangovers :wink:

Jul 5, 2020 at 8:26 AM Post #1,042 of 1,408
Last night

90258E48-63FE-488A-8F2E-4785C5D14DA3.jpeg

Jul 5, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #1,043 of 1,408
Walked into local BevMo for the first time in months and found the shelves unstocked and Macallan 18 price raised to $320.
Most of Scotch had higher prices than before, and I walked out empty-handed. Will stick to my home stock for now...

Jul 5, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #1,044 of 1,408
Walked into local BevMo for the first time in months and found the shelves unstocked and Macallan 18 price raised to $320.
Most of Scotch had higher prices than before, and I walked out empty-handed. Will stick to my home stock for now...
$320 for Macallan 18 is not out of line. But in my opinion there are better selections, such as an Aberlour for about 1/3 that price.

Jul 18, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #1,047 of 1,408
A whiskey buff friend and I organized a 10 part blind tasting and what we both chose as our favorite was Old Grand-dad Bonded, about $20 a bottle. Produced by Jim Beam.

I think buffalo trace is one of the best values in whiskey. It's high end brother Blantons is my favorite bourbon but it's a little expensive at $55ish.

Wild Turkey 101 is another great inexpensive option.

If we're talking cheap, I find ancient age and old crow solid, delicious whiskeys despite their price point.

Jul 19, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #1,049 of 1,408
A whiskey buff friend and I organized a 10 part blind tasting and what we both chose as our favorite was Old Grand-dad Bonded, about $20 a bottle. Produced by Jim Beam.

I think buffalo trace is one of the best values in whiskey. It's high end brother Blantons is my favorite bourbon but it's a little expensive at $55ish.

Wild Turkey 101 is another great inexpensive option.

If we're talking cheap, I find ancient age and old crow solid, delicious whiskeys despite their price point.

OGD works for me! My favorite saying..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back