Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi
Dec 6, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #616 of 1,413

Sure, rub it in.
evil_smiley.gif
  Damn unobtainable in CA.

Sorry about that.  One of the benefits of living close to the distiller.  A friend says the 2015 Weller beats the George T Stagg and that's a powerful statement.
Tasting notes later in December.  

beerchug.gif

Dec 7, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #618 of 1,413
Boy I had some Jack Daniels 2013 Holiday Edition this past weekend...  and it was very very tasty.  By far the smoothest JD I've ever had, and bordering on a Scotch taste.  I suspect it's similar to the JD Single Barrel?  Not sure, but I'm having difficulty finding it online....  I suspect the supply has dried up.

Dec 9, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #619 of 1,413
I am not familiar with the JD Holiday Edition, but am a big fan of their Single Barrel.  My local shop has a pretty decent barrel (the barrels vary somewhat in taste).  I always keep a bottle on the shelf as my son-in-law has now become a fan.

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #620 of 1,413
A nice bourbon collection for the holiday season:
 - Pappy Van Winkle 15yr
 - William Larue Weller
 - Col. EH Taylor Single Barrel
 - Elmer T. Lee

All are products of the Buffalo Trace Distillery.  Highly recommended!

Merry Christmas and 
Happy Holidays 
to All.

Dec 26, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #621 of 1,413
Got me a couple of bottles this Christmas to add to my small, but growing, collection. Monkey Shoulder and Michter's US-1 Small Batch Bourbon, to be exact. I already have Yellow Spot and Whistlepig 10 Year, and recently finished off a bottle of Green Spot.

Dec 28, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #623 of 1,413
  I just grabbed a bottle of The Dalmore 12-year and Crown Royal Reserve. Haven't opened the Crown yet but The Dalmore is very smooth, almost tastes more like a blend than a single malt.

I sold several bottles of Dalmore 12 this holiday.  It's a pretty awesome entry-tier malt.  Heavy sherry gives some heavy caramel and chocolate notes...

Dec 29, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #624 of 1,413
Greetings,
Now I'm getting advice from the local shop that the Jack Daniels barrel proof is quite excellent.  Anyone have experience with that one?

Also, I just sold my Mojo 1 amp to a fellow Head-Fier who used as partial payment a bottle of Elijah Craig barrel proof bourbon.  I am awaiting the EC but reviews on the web are outta sight.  Will post tasting impressions sometime post receipt.

Cheers and Happy New Year to All -
RCBinTN

Dec 30, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #625 of 1,413
I was never a big fan of Jack Daniels until my mother-in-law brought me back a bottle of "Silver Select" single barrel from the Caribbean. That was delicious stuff, but apparently only sold outside of the US, which is weird. I'm guessing the Barrel Proof and the newer Single Barrel are similar profiles. I had the Single Barrel at a friends house recently and thought it was pretty good.

Currently sipping on the some Four Roses single barrel. When on sale in the low $30's, it a typically a darn good pour.

Jan 2, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #628 of 1,413
Happy New Year to all :).

Just acquired as partial payment for my Mjolnir amp is a bottle of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof bourbon.  Looking forward to tasting it...

The Pappy van Winkle 15-year from 2015 has somehow disappeared.  Damn!  That Bourbon is Highly Recommended.

Cheers -
RCBinTN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back