Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi
Nov 20, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #602 of 1,408
  Nice, we haven't received allocation yet at my store, but it looks like it's going to be a very dry year for PVW/BTAC...

Luckily I scored a bottle of Slaughter House last night.

That's sad news. I figured it's because I'm in Los Angeles and all the pirates seem to be buying to resell, leaving true fans empty handed. Bummer.

What's the word on the Slaughter House? I don't believe I have seen that locally, but will keep an eye out.

Nov 21, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #603 of 1,408
That's sad news. I figured it's because I'm in Los Angeles and all the pirates seem to be buying to resell, leaving true fans empty handed. Bummer.

What's the word on the Slaughter House? I don't believe I have seen that locally, but will keep an eye out.

It's kinda gimmicky, but the new thing is to finish Bourbon in wine barrels. Slaughter House is finished in Orin Swift Papillon casks. Super deep-rich mocha notes. Perfect for a cigar.

I'm hoping to get my hands on more weller 12 this year....

Nov 29, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #606 of 1,408
I haven't tried it personally. But one of my customers (and friend) told me it's a must have! Might be even better than Slaughter House.

I picked up 2 at my local BevBlo today. I had a few small pours and they it was tasty. A little too light in body, but excellent overall profile. I think if they bottled it in the 90's or low 100's it would have been dynamite. Finally a new bourbon that actually is worth the money paid. Cheers!

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #608 of 1,408
Found a Slaughter House at a store near work today. Opened it with a whiskey loving friend and we both agreed it's good juice.  A hair too smooth, but overall excellent profile that is very easy to drink, yet still complex. Good stuff!

My thoughts exactly. I'm a bit uber-critical since I am lucky enough to try sooo many at work... I thought the wine cask was a bit exaggerated. It's still a great dram.

I tend to drink a ton of OGD 114° and Buffalo Trace.

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #612 of 1,408

Sure, rub it in.
evil_smiley.gif
  Damn unobtainable in CA.

Dec 2, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #614 of 1,408
Had to try Koval Single Barrel Bourbon as it is apparently a local (Chicagoland) whiskey. Not too bad. There's a lot of cinnamon spiciness, but not intense like Fireball is (although Fireball shots aren't bad from time to time).

Dec 3, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #615 of 1,408
Had to try Koval Single Barrel Bourbon as it is apparently a local (Chicagoland) whiskey. Not too bad. There's a lot of cinnamon spiciness, but not intense like Fireball is (although Fireball shots aren't bad from time to time).

Which whiskey from Koval? I'm fond of the Millet and the Bourbon. We've done a single barrel collab with Koval twice now.

First one was a Rye 2 year, 8 month. And the second was a 3 year using Toasted barrels for the Wheat mash and charred barrels for the Rye. The second collab tastes like basil curry!

Also, one of my highschool buddies works as one of their brand ambassadors. He's one of those crazy hipster mixologist... Always coming up with crazy, off the wall concoctions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back